The difference between the ministry examples and reality

by purrpurr 4 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

It seems to me that there is a world of difference between the textbook 'skits,examples on the platform' ministry and the reality of the door to door work in real life.

Surely for a bible study coming into the jw religion and having seen all these perfect examples, to be faced with the bitter truth when they do start knocking on the doors must be really jarring?

Surely they will either conclude that they are rubbish at the ministry or that they have been lied to?

Has anyone seen this happen?

• waton
    waton

The skits are totally unrealistic, no normal person will submit to such simplistic information exchange,

This exercise is to dull the members minds, reinforce their beliefs internally.

If some creative soul adds some spice, humour, the better, it still serves wt's purpose to fill the mind with wt think to the exclusion of real live brain joy.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Surely they will either conclude that they are rubbish at the ministry

That was my observation. When the reality at the door was opposite of what was presented at the KH I found that there was always some "loving", experienced eldurr or pious sneer that would happily tell you what you said or did wrong, and what you must say or do to be more successful. Of course the reality was that you could NEVER say or do the right thing to get the results they portrayed. You were a failure. You must do more. You must work harder!

• stillMS
    stillMS

All those 'example' presentations have always been quite a crap.

Just in good olden days, when they were just text and no video - there was a room left for interpretation, saying 'Ah, ok, it's just a backbone for a presentation', blah-blah...

Now, it's 100% obvious those Bethelites who take part in producing the 'shadow examples' have no clue about the real field ministry.

• Overrated
    Overrated

After pioneering for a short year. I found out that it was a monumental waste of time! Is the best that the god of the universe can do? Doesn't make any sense. You have to be ignorant to buy into Watchtower crap, boy was I Ignorant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit