Inside the brutal world of jw's

by jonahstourguide 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Woke up to this piece on Abc news Australia.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-13/jehovah-witnesses-child-abuse-four-corners-investigations/100444320

The Shine lawyer group have a reputation for going in hard.

jtg.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They say congregation members “exercise their personal religious conscience … to limit or cease their association with a disfellowshipped person.”

The quote above from the article is what JW's profess. I can speak from experience that that is complete utter B.S. I was threatened with being DF'd because I gave a fellow who was DF'd a ride home during a terrible thunderstorm so he wouldn't have to struggle to walk about three miles (US) home after dark. He had suffered a severe head injury in an industrial accident while DF'd.

Later during a period of time I was DF'd the P.O. gave an unscheduled talk on the service meeting between opening announcements and the scheduled second part to chastise the congregation for even making eye contact with me.

Their personal religious conscience be damned! Too bad anyone who has seen first hand the reality could not form a class action to bring to light the lies.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    Woke up to this piece on Abc news Australia.

The first thing my JW wife does in the morning is open the ABC News app. Guess what the top news story was today!!

She said something like, “Oh not another story about us. I am not going to read it.”

Sounds like there might be a 4 Corners episode coming up as well.

• inbetween
    inbetween

oh boy, didn`t you all not listen to the last talk on saturday at this years convention? The brother clearly exsplaned that this information is untruthful and basically from satan....

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

https://youtu.be/Lf7ISfHj1BI

Watch it here on utube,,well done I thought

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sure, they “exercise their personal religious conscience… to limit or cease their association with a disfellowshipped person"...

...'cause if they don't, the rest of the community will be required to “exercise their personal religious conscience … to limit or cease their association" with them...

...and so on, and so forth...

Here's a handy tip...

...if you're compelled to "exercise your religious conscience" to do something under threat of sanction, it's no longer an "exercise of religious conscience".

It's just coercion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit