Has anyone noticed how in the October JW Broadcast, Losch encourages good works towards ALL people?

by Tenacious 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clambake
    Clambake

What a load of shit. It's not like the wts has any mission or outreach centers.

If you want to help the poor you would have to get involved with the false religions of christedom which could get you disfellowshipped.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not going to knock it when he actually says something right, for once. Clambake is right though when he says that if they came up with an organized programme to help non dubs, It would set an example and actually get it done.

I wonder if this a real change of direction or a "one off" statement by one GB member to be swamped by all the other stuff about how "The Ministry" is paramount....

If they make it a study WT article it will show some real intent.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Lip service, pure and simple...

...for tax-exempt purposes, just as sparrowdown and Data-Dog said.

Too little, too late, IMO.

x

Know what?

This suggests to me that maybe the IRS has already been sniffing around, and that the WT Legal Dept may have already gotten hints that their "charity" status might come under review.

The WTS is reactive rather than proactive, remember?

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Interesting, Gary Breaux was a waiter in the Bethel dining room when I was there.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Remember that brother made speechless on the stand when Angus said "You disfellowshipped a pedophile, but by not reporting him to the authorities you left non-jw children vulnerable, didn't you? You only care about the jw children, isn't that right?"

Possibly a new concern for worldly people who need more help than just a tract, would result from that.

Marina

• poopie
    poopie
    As long as your not df
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Iown Mylife...

That was particularly damning, wasn't it?

x

It'd probably never even occurred to the stupid f**kers...

• Alive!
    Alive!

I see scripted damage control.

Caring for others who are not JWs - as in providing practical help and services - has NOT been the backbone of this relatively modern day 'religion' - a favourite scripture quoted amongst the 'friends' was 'you will always have the poor' as a reason why WE don't donate to charitable causes or spend time caring for those in need. Right?

Suddenly it's shifting - the WT is morphing and responding to public feedback.

Perhaps I should be encouraging and positive and say well, that's good. But you know, the manner and mode of the entire brand leaves an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

I've seen behind the curtain - I don't like your magic, the weaving and conjuring of tricks. I've heard and seen senior leaders speak and answer to questions away from their protective smokscreen where THEY control the script. The Australian RC was ....simply and utterly revealing about the culture and nature of Watchtower speak.

It made me feel ashamed to have been involved with such dishonest men as my 'leaders'.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Many JWs I have known, refuse to even shop from church-owned charity stores.

They have snidely critisized other churches for focusing on charity rather than "spiritual food!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "They have snidely critisized other churches for focusing on charity rather than 'spiritual food'!"

Never has this image been more appropriate...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit