All fundamentalist christians have believed the end times would come when Israel is attacked

by nowwhat? 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

They believe the nation of Israel is still gods chosen people. What if they were the ones who were right all this time?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

James 1:1, 2:1

"James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes that are scattered about: Greetings!...My brothers, you are not holding to the faith of our glorious Lord Jesus Christ while showing favoritism, are you?"

The "12 tribes" James was talking to were not the literal nation of Israel. The context makes clear he meant the figurative Israelites.

Jesus was Jewish. His "bride" is called by his name, which means since Jesus was an Israelite, his congregation becomes Israelites, because they are "one flesh" and he is the head.

Those who have Jesus as their "eternal father" (Isaiah 9:6) also are Israelites by inheritance. As his children, they inherit the name of Israel from their father.

When Revelation is talking about Israel, it is talking about Christians.

In context in Revelation 3:7-10 when it says "those who say they are Jews but are not" Jesus is talking about those who claim to be Christian but are not really following Christ. The message was to the Christian congregations.

The WTBT$ wrongly said that the war in 1914 was a sign that fulfilled their prophecy about the end times, but they (the WTBT$) were only fulfilling this prophecy:

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

"But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

The Devil perpetuates war. It's no big deal for him to start wars. He is also behind religious liars and their false prophecies.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."

Jesus said about the literal nation of Israel "your house is abandoned to you." When religious teachers contradict Jesus, they are not promoting truth. They are promoting a narrative that plays into the Devil's hand.

Romans 2:29

"But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people."

Romans 10:16-21

"Nevertheless, they did not all obey the good news. For Isaiah says: “Jehovah, who has put faith in the thing heard from us?” So faith follows the thing heard. In turn, what is heard is through the word about Christ. But I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, “into all the earth their sound went out, and to the ends of the inhabited earth their message.” But I ask, Israel did not fail to know, did they? First Moses says: “I will incite you to jealousy through that which is not a nation; I will incite you to violent anger through a foolish nation.” But Isaiah becomes very bold and says: “I was found by those who were not seeking me; I became known to those who were not asking for me.” But he says regarding Israel: “All day long I have spread out my hands toward a disobedient and obstinate people.”"

What is happening in Israel/Palestine is horrible. But it is not fulfilling the Bible prophecies about the attack to come on spiritual Israel, on Christians. That attack will be by the UN.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

When haven't they been attacked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit