Sophie gives even more than ice cream money to the WT

by OrphanCrow 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
  • sir82
    sir82

Jehovah loves you & all 'at...

But....

He really, really, REALLY needs your money!

"Generous to Jehovah" - idiots.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Whatever happened to telling children about real charity like giving to the poor and needy?

Since when is Jehovah the one who is poor and needy?

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    This lot could crawl under a snakes belly, so low, despicable vermin.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    OrphanCrow, could you give us a link?
  • sparky1
    sparky1

" 'The silver is mine, and the gold is mine', declares Jehovah of Armies" - HAGGAI 2:8 NWT REVISED

It doesn't sound to me like Jehovah is hurting too much!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    villageidiot: OrphanCrow, could you give us a link?

So sorry. I can't on general principle.

I have made a promise to myself not to link to the JWorg site. I am sure a simple search on their site will turn it up.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Just got done glancing at live kingdom hall site and I thought of how smugly Jehovah's Witnesses brag about how they don't have a paid clergy. I saw KHs and assembly hall's with built in apts for visiting overseerers, special visiting dignitaries, caretakers. . .Then I am reminded of all the bethelites supported by JWs, the assessments to provide cars and insurance and support for overseers. . .and I know the elders are unpaid and overtaxed with responsibilities and often their own finances and I wonder if JWs wouldn't be better off with a self supporting church like the local baptists, whose congregations are self supporting in spite of paying a pastor and staff. They still support charities, missions, food banks, reach out in real ways to the community. . .all that humility and the JW leadership lives without worrying about their bills while the ranks are CONSTANTLY pestered for more money. The leadership has no organised efforts to help the JWs even. Even the first century Christians managed that! They lived in tents and dirt floored houses. In fact, charity in times of need is the only thing I remember anyone collecting money for in the NT. Except taxes, and that was the role of rome. The wtbts seems more like a tax collector than a charity. None of the options for helping was to help their brothers, it ALL came back to sending money to Brooklyn bethel. Or the Cayman islands or where it goes these days.
  • No Longer a JW Brother
    No Longer a JW Brother
    Dafuq? Is this for real? I don't know what to say anymore. Somebody with Photoshop needs to have fun with this like having a picture of the GB members with their pockets open for the coin.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

JWdaughter:

None of the options for helping was to help their brothers, it ALL came back to sending money to Brooklyn bethel.

44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. - Acts 2:44-45 New International Version

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit