Watchtower properties for sale website

by NewYork44M 48 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It appears there is only one property, the empty lot at 85 Jay St. Is that what everyone else sees?

I agree that it is a bit confusing. They talk about "properties" but they only highlight one.

• B4Right
    B4Right

Notice the WT have another company formed: Watchtower Brooklyn Real Estate. I wonder if a letter went out to the congregations about this new company. or is it on JW.org or on JW Broadcast to let all know what is going on?

Ahh yes - those precious dedicated funds going to another operation!!

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

No bullshit this is the disclaimer at the bottom:

Watchtower makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information herein for any purpose, including projecting future use. Anyone using this information must independently verify the facts and statements contained herein.

if only.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Watchtower makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information herein for any purpose,

It would have been nice if this disclaimer was in the "Truth" book, and a few other publications. Especially when they proclaimed that "this generation will by no means pass away..."

• never a jw
    never a jw

NY44m

Funny! but it would have been the most honest thing they could have done.

• rebel8
    rebel8

There's a photo of a nice tavern featured on that website.

• lrkr
    lrkr
    So, they decided to try and sell without a broker. Maybe trying to save the 6% commission?
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

There's no mention on that site about how potential buyers are doomed to destruction by Jesus H. Christ flinging flaming hailstones at their heads "very soon now".

Yep. Non-disclosure of a latent defect.

• Warren Wilson
    Warren Wilson
    Is it standard to make potential buyers sign a confidentiality and non disclosure document?
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Is there in DUMBO nothing holy enough to make a museum of it, e.g. some rooms with exponates that were used while former important figures like Franz, Russel resided there, a meeting room, or the first digital press. Those things should be presented on the original scene and not in Warwick. Hey guys wake up you are throwing away your history. You will have no future and no history.

Is this whole building with tunnels not a cultural heritage for the mankind, should it not be worht to be protected against financial speculation of today?

What will the guys of the JW film team do if they wanna show a film set about how Russel lived in Brooklyn and how the Brooklyn bethel life was, will they replicated the Brooklyn DUMBO scenery with wallboard in Witchwick?

Dont you remember in how many films the DUMBO scenaria with brooklyn bridge and HQ appeared. How often we said, "Look OUR Headquarter is in this film", when we sat in the cinema. and "I can see the sign: read gods word the bible daily even". The main building should at least have some room with JW connex remained, the tour guides will tell everyone, this is the "EX- JW Headquarter, funny, "Ex-JW" or "former JW Building" ha ha only one room is now a museum.

Everything thrown away? I like expositions about the former life in bethel, how did a laundry look like in Brooklyn, a kitchen, a library in former times, where did the GB hold their meetings in Brooklyn or the most interesting in which room was the NWT translated.

I think at least 70 % of JW are against this sell out of Brooklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit