Pope Francis Orders Vatican Archives to Reveal God’s Name Ending Centuries of Secrecy

by pleaseresearch 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this before. It's from 3 weeks ago. My mum told me about it. But is this real or fake? If this was real I'm sure this would be global news. Some of the corporations quoted like BBC I have done a search on and see nothing being reported from them. What does everyone think about it?

Pope Francis Orders Vatican Archives to Reveal God’s Name Ending Centuries of Secrecy

3 WEEKS AGO by R. HOBBUS J.D.

VATICAN CITY – Speaking before a delegation of Jewish leaders at the Vatican on Thursday, Pope Francis revealed he has instructed the Vatican Secret Archives to unseal a set of ancient scrolls that have been kept hidden from public knowledge for centuries by the Church. The scrolls, which were encased in marble and buried in 463 A.D., are said to contain the true name of God as communicated to Moses in the Book of Exodus.

The Pope told an audience during an event celebrating a new version of the Torah that his decision to upend over fifteen hundred years of secrecy was driven in part by a need for “greater transparency” within the Catholic Church. “It is a scandal to say one thing and do another,” declared Pope Francis before adding that the Church is “leading a double life” by continuing to keep God’s name secret.

A source inside the Vatican Secret Archives told Sky News that the Church first became aware of the scrolls’ existence in the fifth century. “The scrolls were uncovered by the Romans during siege of Jerusalem and the subsequent destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Nearly four centuries came to pass before Rome would hand over control of the scrolls to the Church in 463 A.D.,” the source explained. “Upon inspection, Pope St. Hilarius issued a decree striking any mention of God’s name from official Church literature.”

According to Exodus 3:14, when the Lord appeared to Moses as a burning bush, He referred to Himself in the Hebrew tongue as “Yaweh,” meaning, “I am who I am.” However, the Holy See now says that was only part of God’s message to Moses. “God said, ‘I am who I am,” the Vatican source told Sky News. “He then followed up with, ‘And I am [this name].’ That final word is what the Holy See plans to make known to the world.”

As to why the Catholic Church has gone to such great lengths to keep God’s true name a secret remains unknown. What is clear is that the Papacy has maintained an unbroken chain of communication in regards to the matter dating back to 468 A.D. “In keeping with tradition, each successive Pope since Hilarius has been made aware of the Lord’s name,” Vatican spokesman Greg Burke confirmed on Friday.

The Vatican Press Office has received more than two million inquiries regarding God’s name since the Pope’s announcement on Thursday. “Our phones have been ringing off the hook,” said one Vatican insider who spoke to BBC News on condition of anonymity. “Understandably, everyone wants to know [His] name,” the insider said. That sentiment isn’t limited to the public. Even the College of Cardinals is getting caught up in the frenzy. According to the insider, the body which serves to advise the Pope has a “friendly betting pool” whose odds-on favorite is “Kevin.”

http://realnewsrightnow.com/2017/02/pope-francis-orders-vatican-archives-reveal-gods-name-ending-centuries-secrecy/

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    A source inside the Vatican Secret Archives told Sky News that the Church first became aware of the scrolls’ existence in the fifth century. “The scrolls were uncovered by the Romans during siege of Jerusalem and the subsequent destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. Nearly four centuries came to pass before Rome would hand over control of the scrolls to the Church in 463 A.D.,”

Thank you pleaseresearch! If true, isn´t this discouraging news for all JW´s? Even if the name would appear to be jehovah?

*** w80 2/1 p. 11 The Divine Name in Later Times ***
    Interestingly, Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk of the Dominican order, first rendered the divine name as “Jehova.” This form appeared in his book Pugeo Fidei, published in 1270 C.E.
    *** na p. 17 God’s Name and Bible Translators ***
    God’s name came back into use. In 1278 it appeared in Latin in the work Pugio fidei (Dagger of Faith), by Raymundus Martini, a Spanish monk

So, let me get this straight...

1) Jehovah's witnesses, led by the governing body (god´s ''channel'' on earth) could trace back `jehovah` only to a ''false religious'' Spanish monk living in the 13th century, but...

2) the catholic church has been given the privilege to re-discover, know, hide and now finally reveal god´s name, as originally written on ancient scrolls dated pre 70 and handed over to C.C. in 463?

Wait a minute!!!

Didn´t they claim in the feb 2017 edition of the Watchtower that evidence of holy spirit was proof that the governing body really is the faithful and discreet slave (in spite of being neither inspired nor infallible)?.

The holy spirit has helped the Governing Body to grasp Scriptural truths not previously understood... Surely, no human deserves credit for discovering and explaining these “deep things of God”!
    What happened to “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.?
    How on earth is holy spirit proof for the governing body being the ''slave'' while that same holy spirit has carefully concealed this original source regarding god´s real name, for all JW´s for 2,000 years???
  • Onager
    Onager

From Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/trump-turkey-pardons-reversed/

Like all content published by Real News Right Now, the story was satirical in nature, although the site does not include a disclaimer identifying its material fake news . However, the site’s “About” page includes several obvious indicators, such as its humorous claims that author R. Hobbus J.D. has received non-existent awards such as the “Oscar Mayer Award for Journalistic Excellence” and the “Stephen Glass Distinction in Journalistic Integrity.”

Also the last line is a dead giveaway:

"According to the insider, the body which serves to advise the Pope has a “friendly betting pool” whose odds-on favorite is “Kevin.”"

Sadly it's fake news.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thank you Onager, pleaseresearch should have better read the comments section below the article before posting here. This one is even warning JW´s not to spread the link (bold mine)!

SUNDAI SAYS:
    MARCH 2, 2017 AT 7:22 PM
    This article is misleading and contains potentially false information.
    The pope was indeed presented with a new edition of the Torah by Rabbi Abraham Skorka, accompanied by the editorial group on February 23, 2017. The Torah, being the first five books of the Bible is the Jews’ sacred book. In his adress to Rabbi Skorka and the editorial group (to which I include a link to the official source) the pope acknowledged the “Torah as the Lord’s gift, His revelation, His word”. The copy of the new Torah in Hebrew that the pope was presented with includes the Tetragrammaton (God’s true name YHWH) all over it’s pages and passages, the very first one being found in Genesis 2:4.
    In his adress Pope Francis also says “Every edition of sacred Scripture, however, possesses a spiritual value that infinitely surpasses its material value” by saying this the pope acknowledges that the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures is “infinitely valuable”. The NWT is proven more so valuable than ANY translation of the holy scriptures because of its use of God’s true name Yahweh or Jehovah in English in all the passages where the Tetragrammaton is located originally in ancient manuscripts and original texts, dont believe? Do your research and compare under prayer.
    In essence the pope saying what I quoted above (and that you could read for yourself in the links bellow) is actually acknowledging that Jehovah/Yahaweh (YHWH) is indeed God’s true personal name. Which makes the Catholic church as misleading and false as this article is.
    HOWEVER the fact the article states that the pope authorized the release of secret archives is more than likely false. As much as I hate to say it I researched the story of the article and its source and it is extremely inaccurate and misleading. So please fellow JW’s stop spreading this link as accurate news, it’s false.
    https://press.vatican.va/content/salastampa/en/bollettino/pubblico/2017/02/23/170223b.html
    https://zenit.org/articles/popes-address-to-rabbi-skorka-rabbis-for-presenting-new-edition-of-torah/
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Kevin? Didn't he leave the Truth during the Great Tribulation?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Not Andre then?

George

• pbrow
    pbrow

While he is at it... why doesnt he release cardinal B. Law to the local authorities in Boston. Then, and only then, can the catholic church begin to heal.

pbrow

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I always knew it, now bow before your god

Kevin

• zeb
    zeb

I could add to the wry humour but I wonder at what will come out of this. The Catholic scholars with all the ancient documents to call on may rattle some cages here. I hope and pray that the release of the name (if this is all real) does not fall on the wt side of the fence. Their monstrous egos will cause their heads to explode.

I have often thought that there is stuff missing in the bible we have. This name thing might be just a part of greater discoveries.

Stay tuned I guess..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Onager - "...it's fake news."

This bit should have been our first clue:

"...each successive Pope since Hilarius...”

:smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit