At least my son won't fall for their ploys

by Tameria2001 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, hopefully, I picked the correct section. Anyways tonight my eldest son called me up and we talked about a few things. He is the one that is in the military. We eventually got on the subject about certain JW relatives, and how they are reaching out to him. In this case, it is his uncle, the same prick that kept telling my husband and I that we and our children were going to be killed at Armageddon, and this was when we were still in the JW cult. One thing I taught my boys was never to take anyone's word for it, but to research, regardless of what it is. So I trust my son won't be getting involved with them outside of family contact. If anyone attempts to talk bad about his parents, he doesn't have any time for that either. What really bugs me about those JW relatives is that for 18 years those people wouldn't have anything to do with my sons, and now all of a sudden they are trying to get to know them. I never did anything to stop them from having a relationship with my sons, they made that decision to cut them out as well.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

It sounds like your son can see through the cult's fear-monger tactics.

Fight "fire with fire" and share conversation-stoppers with your son - Bible teachings which reveal the cult's lies. You'll find plenty of ammunition here and at JWFACTS.

If your son begins questioning his JW relatives, they'll quickly shun him.

The org does not advocate JW's having any discussions which question their indoctrinations.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have faith in your sons decision to do the right thing and to politely tell him to F**k off.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Let's face the facts.....a believing JW is a follower of an ignorant and reckless religion. I don't know about you but my eyes start to roll as soon as a sincere witness starts their rant.

It's not just the JW's but any religion...... in the words of Eric Hoffer who wrote The True beliver : " All active mass movements strive to interpose a fact-proof screen between the faithful and the realities of the world. ...by claiming that the ultimate and absolute truth is already embodied in their doctrine and that there is no truth nor certitude outside it. ...To rely on the evidence of senses and of reason is heresy and treason. It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary to make belief possible. What we know as blind faith is sustained by innumerable unbelief's."

If your son is aware of this......... he is safe.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TAMERIA2001:

Since your son is in the military and in the ‘world’, he is less likely to fall for the ploys of the religion.

I don’t know why your relatives are reaching out to him at this point. I wonder if they want something ?

Even if your son were curious at some point (God forbid) and attended some meetings, the religion’s intrusiveness and people’s behavior would hopefully make alarm bells go off in his head!..My being in the ‘world’ and not raised a JW probably saved ME from totally falling for everything hook line and sinker..It’s a scary thought and it makes me cringe to think about it. 😳

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

LongHairGal:

I'm not worried about him being curious about the JWs because about 6 years ago a JW aunt was killed (my husband's relative). I refused to go to the funeral, but my husband wanted to go, and I gave my two sons a choice on if they wanted to go or not. The youngest didn't want to go, but the eldest did (the one who is now in the military). He was able to hear the pure craziness that comes out of their mouths at one of those occasions. When he came home he was really freaking out, because to him when they were talking about the dead being raised, the thought of a zombie apocalypse came to his mind. I was able to sort it out for him. After that, he said those people are nuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit