LOL i dont wanna go to the meeting

by Shytears 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Shytears
    Shytears

i wish i could fly like superman and get the hell out of the house right now,lol....meetings are the devil...blehh please no more abuse no more torture.......argghhhh... heheh

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hmm, it's times like this I would welcome a migraine.

• be wise
    be wise

Yes, they are the Devil . I don't blame you.

• Scully
    Scully

Migraines are perfect for missing meetings. You require time away from all kinds of stimuli, including light and noise. If your migraines make you throw up, extra points for that.

Food poisoning. Stomach aches. Diarrhea. Also good choices.

"Female problems". You tell your dad that, you'll be staying home, no questions asked. Dads REALLY don't wanna know about that stuff.

Be careful with the use of "homework" as a reason for missing meetings. Your marks will have to reflect the efforts.

Love, Scully

• mustang
    mustang

I have missed 7,355 meetings. That doesn't count Ass-emblies, Conventions, Memorials and "special" events.

Mustang

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Do your parents know how feel about the meetings, and the whole jw thing? Maybe you should just tell them. I don't know what they are like or anything, but I sure wish I woulda told my parents that I didn't want to be a JW while I was teen. Instead I waited till I was 27yrs old. I had to put up with the whole jw thing being forced down my throat till I was 19. ick!!!!!

• Makena1
    Makena1

Complaining of a severe ear ache worked well for me when I was a kid. My dad have bad ear infections as a kid and so he could empathize.

My guess is that 50% of my ear aches were related to something on TV that I did not want to miss.

Now that I am completely out - I feel your pain!

Mak

of the its about time I confessed class

• be wise
    be wise

When I was very young, I remember when I used to pretend I was ill on a thursday night when 'nightrider' was on, hardley ever worked though cos my mum knew it was on as well [my dad didn't go tho the meetings then]. When it worked [which was very rarely] it was bliss. FREEDOM FROM THE BORG FOR ONE NIGHT ...HEAVENLY.

• Mary
    Mary

"Female problems". You tell your dad that, you'll be staying home, no questions asked. Dads REALLY don't wanna know about that stuff.

LOL! This is sooooooo true!! Before I was diagnosed with cancer last year, my doctor gave me some medication that made me practically hemorage for weeks on end. The pain that accompanied it was excrutiating. When I had missed 3 weeks of meetings, one of the elders phoned to ask how I was doing. I said "not well". He asked "what seems to be the problem?" I replied "Do you really want to know?"

Complete silence. He knew immediately what I was talking about and hastily ended the conversation. No matter what they are told at Elder School with regards to someone missing meetings, this is the one and only area where elders will give you as much space and time as you want. They don't want to know anything about it and they'll keep a healthy distance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit