Those of us going to memorial

by All for show 8 Replies latest jw friends

• All for show
    All for show

How are you feeling?

We weren't going... but a confrontation with family blew things up. We decided we are going- because we are planning on moving and this is the last JW thing. I am SICK, sick, sick over setting foot in the KH and seeing all those people. Not all are bad, but we haven't been in over a year, so they are bound to be curious and want info just to gossip later.

Husband and I are figuring out our approach. Get in right before it starts, act happy and wonderful, leave ASAP. Act like all is fine and reveal nothing. Except-- hubs is a nice guy and can easily get caught in conversation, so I am trying to prep him to not get cornered.

• baker
    baker
    don't wear a tie, so as to give off a small que.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yeah come dressed very casual, that's one sure fire way to keep most JWS at a distance.

You evil disrespectful causal dressers.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    I'm thinking of rolling in with sandals and shorts, then partaking. Think anyone will get the point lol.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    To me its no biggie. I go to keep the wife company. When ever I do end up at a meeting no matter how bad it is it just shows me how far I've come. It gives hood perspective.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi
    I've been debating too if I should go, i am not attending my own congregations memorial, too far & too late, my son has school the next day.... but I do want to partake since it's a different congregation they don't know me they would just think I'm wordly, heck I'll let my son partake too
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    back in the day--for several years after i had resigned from the cult--my wife used to persuade me to attend meetings. but i insisted on payment before i went.
  • Spiral
    Spiral
    Ugh, have to go, not looking forward to it. It's the late one so hopefully I can leave right after!
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how they look forward to such a waste of time. Their celebration amounts to a boring 45 minute talk, mostly about who should not partake. Then they pass a plate of stale crackers and a glass of spoiled grape juice, in sequence, praying before each item is passed. No one takes any. And that's their only celebration? And, if you been to one, you been to them all.

As for me, I would rather worship things that go hop-hop. It would bother me none to be without jesus. Life with Astaroth hating me, well that is simply not worth anything and I am more afraid of being rejected by Astaroth than joke-hova.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit