Another mass shooting, three or four hours ago.

by James Mixon 238 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, too many people killed to make this a run of the mill "he just beheaded a co-worker" workplace incident.

I wish they'd stop with this "self radicalized" nonsense. Call it like it is - they already had the seed of extremism planted with their faith. There is a clear external factor in all these independent attacks.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I wish they'd stop with this "self radicalized" nonsense.

I find this very frustrating as well, even Obama is trying to tout it as "mixed motive". I think Paris was considered terrorism pretty damn quick. This however is taking painstaking days to get there and still everyone seems to be holding their breath it will somehow just be a disgruntled worker.

Its an interesting point, when does it become 'Terrorism"? If they were not funded and deployed directly by a group like ISIS does that somehow absolve it from being terrorism? I don't think so. Whatever the religion or political cause, once it is a large network involving a single ideology the act is terrorism in my book.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    OK, she pledged allegiance to ISIS, I think this makes it a terrorist attack.
  • Simon
    Simon

So now that it's officially terrorism ... what does it matter?

The same people are dead whether if it was a workplace incident by a douche with a gun.

Why should one demand action in response and one demand complete inaction in response when the action is the same and only the motivation differs?

IMO they should both drive for the same action on controlling access to weapons (or get used to this happening more and more) but the religiously motivated one demands extra action to control the cult behind it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If it's now officially terrorism it begs the question - was there more of them?

For every rat you see there are twenty you don't.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I did forget to mention something as my experience in selling firearms. The 400+ firearms I sold in a ten year period, happened mostly after there was even a hint of gun controls. During President Obama's two election terms and Sandy Hook Massacre. I spent most of my time approving fire arm sells during my shift.

For example in 2005 I probably sold a total of 16 guns for the whole year and the store itself probably sold around 200. This is in a very rural area of Florida and what was sold were your shotguns mostly and hunting rifles. I never sold handguns and the company only sales handguns in Alaska for bear protection.

On December 15th the day after the massacre, I personally sold 30 firearms that day and that was limited because I was waiting for background checks. The state of Florida was overwhelm with background checks. Additionally in 2005 we didn't sell assault rifles (AR-15). In 2011 we started to sale them as there was a great demand. In December 15th, 16th, and 17th we sold out of our entire inventory of AR-15 style guns (117). For five months we would have customers camp our sporting goods department starting at 3am waiting for FedEx to arrive. We never knew what we would get and sometimes we wouldn't get any guns, but that didn't stop people from waiting.

One of the main reason for the rush was because people were taking these same guns and selling them for 3x time amount. A colt AR-15 that we sold for $1050 was selling at gun shows or private sell for $3,000. Our cheapest AR-15 type rifle was around $598 and it was being resold for nearly $1,500. The same thing was happening with popular ammo .22, 9mm, ect... Then when people realized that our government would do nothing the hysteria died, with the exception of ammo. I still can't find .22 anywhere.

The gun manufacturers love gun debate and they love when people begin shouting gun control. Their profits soar. That Bushmaster that was used in Sandy Hook Massacre was from Remington and sold at places like Walmart.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/sandy-hook-gun-profits_n_4442034.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That Bushmaster that was used in Sandy Hook Massacre was from Remington and sold at places like Walmart.

Gee I wonder why the US has such a high incidence of gun violence in their country ?

• flipper
    flipper

Wife and I were talking about this - it's just another disgusting way violence is done in the name of religion and in the name of screwed up belief systems which has happened for thousands of years. " Religious " people feel oppressed and desperate over thousands of years be it the Inquisition, the Crusades , the American Revolution, then they take their aggressions out in violent ways. It's disgusting. I get sick and tired of Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientologists, Christians or whatever religion it is coming on the media and denying criminal conduct whether it's murder, child abuse, and then claiming that "really our faith teaches peace and love and tolerance . " Not true at all .

Muslims for thousands of years since Mohammed have fostered violence against the alleged damned " infidels " in the middle east. Violence has been a way of their culture for centuries . So it stands to reason that when America entered into the picture attempting to get certain " resources " over there- I suppose the Muslims weren't going to take it lying down. So the chickens come home to roost - so to speak. It's still evil, doesn't make it right- but it's a fact of life that for every action there is an opposite reaction. And innocent victims like the 14 people murdered are the ones who get caught in the crosshairs and pay for all this religious bigotry.

These belief systems teach bigotry, intolerance , superiority and fosters barbaric attitudes within it's members. And I'm talking about belief systems within MANY different religions- Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientologists, and Christians. If you really think about it - America , the U.S, was allegedly touted as the " home of the brave, and land of the free ". Uh-huh. Try explaining that to the thousands of indigenous Native American people who lived on the U.S. continent for centuries until they got murdered, pillaged, raped by the U.S. cavalry in the hundreds and thousands losing their home and land in the name of what ? " Religious freedom " ? Bullshit. I'm sure the Native Americans in the 18th and 19th centuries looked at the White Europeans as " terrorists " as well. It's important to put everything in perspective - depending on what vantage point you are coming from and what you are experiencing in life.

Bottom line is all I'm saying is this violence shit has been happening for centuries, it's sick, it's twisted and disgusting - but we have the oppressive powers of political powers, religions, and the abuse of power resulting in oppression of the masses to thank for much of the chaos. The " I'm right - and you should not exist " attitude has fostered the senseless killing of millions of innocent lives through thousands of years. We individually have to take care of each other as friends, families, and in our own neighborhoods to protect ourselves from psycho groups that have their own agenda's . The surprise of it all- is you never know for sure who can fall into the " psycho groups ". One reason caution is in order. Take care all, hug your wives and kids this weekend

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When a religious organization espouses to kill people based from their non involvement in their own self expressed beliefs that is something to be concerned about, analyzed and evaluated.. Even Muslims who deviate slightly from the teachings within the Quran are worthy to be put to death .......... all in the name and glory to Allah of course.

Fundamental Muslim extremism states that people who belong or adhere to other religious faiths such as Judaism or Christianity are equal to animals and should be treated as such, even killed if the time or reason presents itself.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha
    I went to Walmart here in florida about 30 minutes ago in the camping and gun section. IT IS PACKED. Guy was upset the shotgun he wanted is sold out... ouch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit