Australian Royal Commision round 2
When will Round 2 be for the Watchtower?
RO: It appears from the ARC website that the second case study is about the policy changes that the ARC has recommended and that if any have been implemented by Watchtower.
It appears from the ARC website that there is more than just that, RO:
1. The current policies and procedures of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd in relation to child protection and child-safe standards, including responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
2. Factors that may have contributed to the occurrence of child sexual abuse at Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd institutions.
3. Factors that may have affected the institutional response of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to child sexual abuse.
4. The responses of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to relevant case study report(s) and other Royal Commission reports.
5. Any related matters.
pleaseresearch: When will Round 2 be for the Watchtower?
The public hearing will commence in the week beginning 6 March 2017 at the Royal Commission’s hearing rooms in Sydney.
Richard...you had said: "... the second case study is about the policy changes that the ARC has recommended and that if any have been implemented by Watchtower."
Richard...Can you please direct the readers to where you read that information? I cannot find it on the website you recommended...is this just your interpretation of events yet to occur or have you heard another rumor that has originated in the Towerland?
The purpose of this public hearing is not to inquire into individual sets of facts or particular events as has occurred in previous Royal Commission case studies.
The ARC is totally aware of the wts practice of 'theocratic -warfare' that is being a bunch of liars if it suits them. The ARC will I hope have 'microscopes' going to check anything the wt puts out.
From me I can not see the wts/gb changing anything in written rule or in practice despite what they may say. Because;
- The gb would have to apologise for the practices of wt and its obfuscatation at the ARC
- Make a full apology in writing to the victims and issue a public statement, in the press the public press and on the tv media for the crimes that have gone on and the way they have been concealed.
- Send elders off to 'wordly' schools to learn interpersonal skills with fail the course and you lose your elders badge.
- Require any elder/ms to obtain the Police cleared WWC clearances.
BUT,....unless a divine spirit is sent to blast through WT offices and hall like the proverbial white tornado then none of this will happen. Why dear friends because the wt/gb will by doing any of this be admitting they have been wrong, and thereby not directed by the holy spirit. QED.
re Zappa-esque link. The RC Church admits to 1 in 7 Priests to be involved in abusing underage boys and girls, no doubt with multiple victims. in multiple assignments, and that does not include the possible comparable laity situation
Fixing the wt 2 witness rule, non-reporting should be a cakewalk compared to the RC problem,
If anyone expects some sort of 'mea culpa' from the Organization during the next sitting of ARC, they will be sadly disappointed. The GB understands that the child abuse problem (and their historic way of dealing with it) is a global problem. And as such, they are clearly handling it in a global manner. Actually, they have no choice because if they making the mistake of admitting culpability in one country, it would have an immediate run-on to legal proceedings in other countries.
So as bad as it is, I fully expect that whoever the GB sends to represent the Society, the instructions from Warwick will be for them to just continue delaying and promising reforms that we know will never eventuate. However the ARC does not appear that they are going to take the softly-softly approach and so I fully expect that that poor saps sent will be ripped to pieces.