My non-belief actually make me a more moral person!

by stuckinarut2 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No doubt we have all heard the statement from Witnesses and Christians in general that those who leave the faith only do so because they want to sin, or they feel guilty or whatever...

The reality is, I reckon we are all MORE "Moral" now that we have left!

Many of us contribute to humanitarian efforts, community groups, welfare groups, etc.

Many of us actually DO SOMETHING tangible to assist people.

We don't look with critical eyes on them or their lives.

And most importantly, we DO NOT JOYFULLY await the mass genocide of men, women, children and babies by a petty, jealous, and tyrannical God!

Thoughts?

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I agree with this. I was always confused as a JW why we didn't do charity work or do more to help the general public besides banging on their door at 10 am Saturday morning. Now that I am out of the Org, I feel that I am far less judgmental, more eager to help people and just overall a nicer person.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Now that I am out of the Org, I feel that I am far less judgmental, more eager to help people and just overall a nicer person.

Ditto!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes, I agree with all of the above !

I decided shortly after leaving that JW morals and ways of treating their fellow humans were certainly not Christian, and were woefully short of what is needed in the 21st Century to make the World a better place.

I decided to live by the concept of " Do the most good, and the least harm".

I am now a much better bastard, sorry, person, than I was.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A Catholic who gives practical help in a church sonsored program looking after victims of family violence ,a christian who is involved in helping aged people via meals on wheels regardless of their beliefs ,the salvation army who help and feed clothe the homeless and give them shelter , are all evidences of a Christian organization giving practical need to people who need it right now.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg that Christendoms religions provide in a practical/physical sense.

What do Jehovahs witnesses do .?

Go in peace ,here is a Watchtower to tide you over.

• tepidpoultry
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I have shared several times the same thing. I started, and I still do, feel more respectable, decent and with better morals once I left. Part of it (in my case at least) was that since I was born in I felt I never had the opportunity of defining my own set of values or to choose to be a good decent person on my own. All I heard during my life as a JW was that we have to do this or that because Jehovah says so.

Then there is the proverbial "do as I say not as I do" culture I grew up in my JW family and the congregations. I saw way too many two-faced hypocrites to mention.

Finally I realize that spirituality, and therefore, our own sense of decency and morals, come from the inside out, not from the outside in. Good, healthy spirituality gives you that same sense of being a morally clean person, as opposed to those morally bankrupted hypocrites in the WT who only behave in a seemingly moral way superficially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit