Dear Daddy This Is Your Song

by Greybeard 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Dear Daddy This Is Your Song

Dear Daddy Its 2016
    Please tell me what did you really mean?
    When you said we will never grow old?
    Is this a lie that you were told?

Overlapping generations
    From door to door condemning the nations…
    “Gods promises” never came true
    Dear Daddy I can’t trust you!

I’m the “son of a bitch” that made you rich!
    My mothers dead you buried me in a ditch!
    I came back in time to find you
    Now I am here and I’m going to remind you

Lier’s will not inherit the Kingdom of God
    Dear Daddy you turned into a fraud
    Even though you took it all away
    Dear Daddy I will have my day!

I’m walking through the broken promise land
    Wine color guitar in my hand
    A long term liability?
    Is that what you really think of me?

You took the goldmine and you gave me the shaft
    Told me to stick it so when I land my craft
    I will remind you of how you did me wrong
    Dear Daddy this is your song!

Copyright Gregg Steven Blasingame Hemphill 7/22/2016

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Sounds amazing in my head. Like to hear it with a guitar....

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Thank you for saying that crazy light, I do love my father but he finally got to me. Said he had no respect for me as a human being recently, that did it for me. I am very emotional right now. Couldn't sing it if I wanted to at the moment but it is in my head. The truth is I did make him rich and a few others. We were in the Toy business and I am the one who started it. We had a agreement, a handshake, and he screwed me all the way. My resentment has eaten me up and it has been very hard to move on. My mother told me on her death bed to stay away from my father and brother, she said I am not like them and she loved me very much. I was with her for six months going from hospital to hospital (stage 4 cancer) while my brother was living it up, going to Hawaii and China. We marketed the Stomp Rocket. Top Ten Toy in the nation in Plaything magazine for 10 years. They put their homes and mine in their names and the company. When I came out as Greybeard on jwstruggle.com my wife left and family kicked me out of the corporation without me even knowing it... So there you go. Just like their "Mother" the Watchtower treats their own. You serve all you life for broken promises and then your thrown to the curb.

• MominAustin
    MominAustin

This is going to make me cry. Very beautiful.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm not surprised anymore. My mantra these days is "it is what it is". Mostly you just can't find reasons and you can't control it all you can do is pick up the pieces and move on and say "that was interesting I'll try to be more alert next time".

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Man, just when I'm feeling bad about my family situation right now I read this and realize I'm much better off than I thought. Sorry for your pain right now, you've had to endure alot, you are truly a strong person. Sending you lots of love. ☺

• cha ching
    cha ching

Dear Greybeard, I am so sorry for you.... You know that it is your father & brothers (and fam) that deserve no respect for what they have done to you.

I am sure your father knows it, and just has to "say" that he has 'no respect for you' so that MAYBE he can stop thinking about what he did. Totally unethical, very non-'Christian'.... ALOT like the WT, right?

Have you taken your situation to a lawyer?

We wish the best for you, you are a great song writer, singer, and person!

Cha Ching & Husband

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit