Elders Advice Backfired And Now Im The Happiest I've Ever Been

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Such a disgusting yet beautiful post P.E. I'm so happy for your happiness, and seriously that elder is a piece of human trash.

• millie210
    millie210

Good for you Pale E!

I had to laugh over the part where they were concerned if you should up at the convention on Sunday - you might try to talk to witnesses!

OH my!

On some level they know that conversation with an honest person could wreak havoc in their fake family.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I spent my Sunday in hers

Ermmm....you spent your Sunday in her what, exactly?

Hahaha Nooooooo i didn't mean that.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great post !

Yes, why would anyone choose to return to an abusive relationship?

The very notion that the society tries to promote is just like an abusive husband demanding that his wife return to him after he beats her, because "she can't find happiness greater than being with him"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

For those who mentioned my daughter, that's been my goal all along. I've said from the get go that i wont poke fun at her mums religion - but i WILL teach her to use critical thinking, logic and reason. That goes for anything i tell her too. Question, question, question... science, philosophy, math, literature, history... everything until you make up your own conclusion.

I doubt she'd ever become a JW. Her mother cant even explain why birthdays are "non-christian".

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so happy for you. As hard as it is to lose family, you do gain something important when you refuse to play the game: the freedom to be what and who you are and to live your life on your own terms. Now you don't have to be looking over your shoulder wondering if you will be outed, you can just live your life.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

To mis-quote a scripture the WT uses: "one that has left family for the sake of (facts) will get hundred fold more blessings! ..."

Hehe

• raven
    raven

Great news pale happy to hear you are doing well!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for sharing all your personal stories p.e. Man, your life really has been a rollercoaster and I've been biting some nails for you, but now we can finally say... 100% Out = 100% Luck!

• flipper
    flipper
    PALE EMPEROR- I'm really happy for you. Isn't it amazing how much stress we lose once we stop attending meetings ? I feel the same way you do- although some of my older generation JW relatives shun me- I've never been happier than I have these last 13 years. Freedom of mind and freedom of conversation is a lost art these days and a priceless possession ! Good luck to you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit