Elders Advice Backfired And Now Im The Happiest I've Ever Been

by pale.emperor 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

pale emperor---have you sorted out access rights to your daughter--also--custody / care and control ?

for what its worth--i had joint custody of my 3 kids when their mother divorced me. it didnt mean jack shit when they were turned against me in their early teens.

• Giordano
    Giordano

First off if there is an emergency medical problem you need to be made aware of it immediately.....if your ex doesn't understand that or some Elder or other family member thinks they need to keep you out of it especially linking that decision to some vague JW concerns a letter from your attorney needs to be sent to all parties spelling out that you and your ex are the decision makers.

Let them all know this is a legal matter not a religious one.

Next, congratulations on righting your ship, Difficult times more hiccups are certain to follow which is why your attention needs to be on yourself, your daughter and new and meaningful relationships.

It's about going forward now steady as she goes.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

First off if there is an emergency medical problem you need to be made aware of it immediately.....if your ex doesn't understand that or some Elder or other family member thinks they need to keep you out of it especially linking that decision to some vague JW concerns a letter from your attorney needs to be sent to all parties spelling out that you and your ex are the decision makers.

Let them all know this is a legal matter not a religious one.

Way ahead of you. After "the milk incident" in the convention i went and see a lawyer pronto. He written up a nice little letter and mailed it to my old congregation and even to Bethel. If my daughter goes to hospital for any reason in future, Elders and especially the HLC are not allowed to turn up without my explicit permission (which of coarse will never be given).

Also, check out my other thread of when my girlfriend asked me what JW's believe. She thought i was making it up as i went along. I said "no that's the GB".

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5713659011530752/explaining-jw-beleifs-non-jws

• Giordano
    Giordano

Perfect response to the situation! Long game ahead they need to know that you will not tolerate any crap. Your daughter will pick up on that fib as she see's the difference in your life and your exs.

I missed your post listed above will correct that mishap now.

• just fine
    just fine

I was hoping you went to see a lawyer. I don't think the JWs realize what normal human behavior is. Who says things like that?

they will only treat you as badly as you allow them to....... Glad you stood up to them.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

i had joint custody of my. . .kids when their mother divorced me. It didn't mean jack shit when they were turned against me in their early teens.

I hear you there. Pretty well the same story here. A son whom I haven't seen or spoken to in nearly twenty years (his choice). A daughter who has just now began to reach back out to me after the same amount of time. And four grandchildren that I have never seen, even in pictures.

Their loss I guess.

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Go P.E....I couldn't be happier for you!

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

Giordano, that "dislike" on your comment was supposed to be a "like". It's unbelievable that the elders wouldn't consider a medical emergency to be "necessary family business" that would justify "allowing" a disfellowshiped person to possibly come in contact with Witnesses.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Copy of my lawyers letter is here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6327323536130048/my-lawyers-letter-elders

I think he did a bloody good job. Part of me hopes they transgress ever so slightly so I can take them to court.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit