Help

by KGB 7 Replies latest jw friends

• KGB
    KGB

Hi there everyone. I need help showing a friend of mine that eating pork is not a crime against God can anyone help me with this?

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Why does your friend believe that eating pork is a crime against God?

• greven
    greven

Is your friend Muslim? I do not know the qu'oran that well. I know it has the same background as the hebrew scriptures (abraham, noah etc). It was considered 'unclean'. Tell us more!

Greven

• Francois
    Francois

Or maybe your friend is a kosher Jew? If that's the case, show your friend the entire kosher dietary law and all the things that are prohibited. It doesn't leave much you know.

If your friend's a Muslim, there's not much chance you're going to change any minds.

francois

• KGB
    KGB

No he is not a Muslim but he listens to a show on Televiosion called the Shepards chapel and he says that the Shepard says that eating pork and he is going on the old testement where Moses set laws for the Isrealites. I cannot seem to get it into his head the meaning of Christ coming but he cant seem to put what I am saying together. I dont know if I am teaching him wrong or is his head so far up that he cannot hear anyone?

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

KGB,

Not eating pork was part of the old law. Jesus fulfilled the old law and we were not longer under obligation to it. Even the jewish circumsision was no longer required.

You can read this in Colossians 2:8-21.... espcecially verse 16 and 17

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink..... these are a shadow of the things that WERE to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ."

All things are acceptable to God and each one does what his consicience tells him. If it bothers him to eat pork, he doesn't have to.... so long as he knows that it is not God making him not eat it.

There is a piece on this in Romans chapter 14.

hope this helps. gold_morning

• greven
    greven

Ask him if he is going to be circumsized aswell. Ask him if he brings burn offerings. Ask him if he refrains from eating blood and fat. etc etc.

Greven

• KGB
    KGB

thanks gold, you gave me what exactly I was looking for and it worked he says he will eat pork now. I told him not to put to much faith in those preachers on tv. They are there for only one thing and thats your pocket book. Anyway thanks everyone for your comments and your help. Bless you all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit