Any recent converts?

by av23 8 Replies latest jw friends

• av23
    av23

Greetings all,

I'm new here, not JW, yet I'm curious if there's anyone out there who has recently converted to Jehovah's Witness who can give me a better understanding of what brought brought them from point A to B in terms of coming to understand JW theology as truth. Thanks in advance for all the help.

AV

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome av23

,If you want to preserve your sanity ,your individual freedom ,and keep normal relationships with your family and friends ,then you need to sever any more contact with the Jehovah`s Witnesses / WTB&TS as they don`t have the "truth" and never have had the so called "truth". Nobody has.

Do your research and a good place to start is right here using the search option at the top of the page and type in anything you want to know about Jehovah`s Witnesses.

Have a look at the 4 Corners ABC TV program from Australia that is available on this forum 4 starters..

I was a convert way back in 1960 ,the worst mistake I ever made and have regretted it ever since.

Take care

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi AV23 and welcome.

I was born in and didn't wake up the scam until I was 50.

So that's 50 years slaving for a fake corporation that pretends to be a religion when all it is, is a 'real estate' (to Americans), scam.

Don't be fooled. They use their own fake Bible to get their followers to give money, goods and time so that the leaders can live in luxury with rock star status in the Warwick compound.

My advice...................run like the wind and never return to this treacherous con.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I was raised into the religion from infancy and got baptized into the religion in my teens before 1985, and it was a huge mistake for me to join the religion. I shouldn't have become a baptized Christian (of any church, denomination, sect, or cult) at all, since the Bible is wrong in major ways. See the book called The Bible Against Itself: Why the Bible Seems to Contradict Itself by Randel McCraw Helms. [For a review of the book by Helms see https://infidels.org/kiosk/book/the-bible-against-itself-why-the-bible-seems-to-contradict-itself/ . See also the reviews at https://www.amazon.com/Bible-Against-Itself-Seems-Contradict/dp/0965504751 .]

Before I became baptized as a JW, for a period of time I was trying to determine if I could trust the Bible as being reliable and as God's word. I wondered if there were genuine contradictions in the Bible. During that time I read a statement from the WT literature that provided a reconciliation (or at least an apparent reconciliation) of some apparent (or actual) contradictions in the Bible. Right after stating the reconciliation (in the same article) the WT literature said that all other apparent contradictions in the Bible can also be reconciled (in a similar manner?) and that thus the Bible is not contradictory. Sadly I was swayed by that comment of the WT and that was a large factor in me deciding to become baptized. But, the WT made a false statement (whether they knew it was false or not) when they said the Bible has no actual contradictions! If only I had known (prior to age 15) that the Bible really does contradict itself, then I would never had become baptized!
  • mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Fourth Gen born in the cult. Left at about 33 when they changed the meaning of the Generation. I tossed the Tower on the floor said I was done and I was. I only went back twice since them to a funeral for my GM and Mother.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Jehovah's Witness who can give me a better understanding of what brought brought them from point A to B in terms of coming to understand JW theology as truth

Nothing else other than you being able to undergo the rigorous exercise of brainwashing by saying YES to whatever presented without doubt. Understanding their theology is based on accepting whatever they tell you even when not strategic from human point of view

Like others have said you won't want to be slave of men who will isolate you from all, I mean all by first isolating you from those they call people of the world and from their members when you get disfellowshipped.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Run, I mean Run! It's all Bullshit!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

av23...the only ones currently among JWs who are progressing from point A to point B and getting baptized, for the most part, are 8 to 16 year old born-ins . I assume you're older than these youngsters...so if you progress to baptism as a JW...these 'yang wans' (this is the way GB Lett pronounces it) are the ones you'd be in company with!

Let a word to the wise be sufficient...'Run Forest...Run'!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Av23,

Glad you are here and willing to investigate Watchtower Society religion. The truth is:

The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is built on interpretive abuse. Every doctrine which is unique/original to Jehovah's Witnesses is extra-biblical. Translation: every unique doctrine is not in the Bible, every single one is beyond what is written.

If you want examples I'd be glad to provide them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit