Circuit Overseer say. . .

by Ringo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Nice. We had a CO years ago that said having medical insurance was useless.

"Just go to the hospital when your sick, they can't turn you down!!" Then he finished by saying, " When the bill comes, just wait till the end of the year and call the hospital. There is a chance they will cover the entire cost!!" What an idiot!😡

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

By the end of the talk, could you see the guy through all the FOG (fear, obligation, guilt)?

"Where did everyone go? I was going to share this encouraging scripture from my smartphone about how you will all die horrible deaths if you don't preach enough!"

• hoser
    hoser
    I remember a co talk where he started out by saying I'm not going to guilt trip anyone then started to make people feel guilty they weren't doing enough.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

haha! Billy, you just beat me to it!

FOG at its finest!

• steve2
    steve2

I remember a co talk where he started out by saying I'm not going to guilt trip anyone then started to make people feel guilty they weren't doing enough.

JWs think that by explicitly saying they are not going to do something (e.g., preach, warn, threaten, guilt trip, etc) that they recipients won't realize that is precisely what the JWs end up doing. Every single time. Without fail.

Kind of like the person who says, "I don't want to come across as nosy, but who did you sleep with last night?"

How is that not nosy? How does saying you don't want to be nosy, stop you from being nosy? It doesn't.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

So again no talk about developing the fruitage of the spirit, displaying Christlike compassion, or caring for the sick, elderly and fatherless boy.

How are they then the true Christians again? Sounds more like a Cult to me...

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    Sounds like this CO another odious creature from the Black Lagoon. Have they no shame or compassion,...no sorry, obviously not, small minded undereducated yet over egged CO a gift from Brooklyn!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

A healthy bank account or savings is wrong, shouldn't have that either - sheer lunacy. Don't know what else to say to that.

Then he claimed that Big J doesn't make rules, the Bible is all about "principals" - yeah, right. Try openly saying that you doubt Jesus came invisibly in 1914 or that masturbation is harmless and see where it gets you.

Someone choke that CO! The WTS is full of BS ...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So desire for sex is bad. Healthy finances is bad and a hunting gun is bad.

Guess that makes me one bad summabitch.

Doc

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ok, do they ever sit and ponder the results of what would happen if every jw was a pioneer? lol.

apparently not. [ an immediate contradiction again, right off the platform]

they would very very quickly fall apart, as they would have NO money coming in, because we all know pioneers are usually unemployed ,part timers , stay at home moms, recent grads, welfare recipients and old folks living on social security. plus with no real literature to speak of, what are they supposed to do door to door? they dont know a bible or what to do with it.

then you said..

'Then he proceeded to use a few select verses to say sex is bad and so is the desire for it. A healthy bank account or savings is wrong, shouldn't have that either. And no more hunting because that means you might own a firearm.'

so he made sex for what reason then? and he made us want to eat, so we hunt, and we cant save money, so when were broke, whos got our backs? god? I dont think so, they you'll be condemned for being foolish, and not preparing for the future,

can we see no matter what, your screwed in that religion?

i really pisses me off when my mom claims a 'principal' applies to being told how to think and what to do.

principals are for us to apply in our own ways based on our individual conscience. anything we do is for the good of our existence, and that of our families.

Id like to shove that word principal up a principal place on their anatomy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit