Kroger sued for Religious Persecution!

by Iamallcool 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Similar to wearing a flag?

If a maga hat is forbidden or the battle flag, why not a queer flag?

I get " offended" by mexican flags, but not british, Italian,

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How can a big corp like Kroger be so damn stupid. They better get ready to open their purse strings. They're gonna lose this one.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Corporations need to be sued for dumb crap like this. Its just stupid. The corporations forgets that sword cuts both ways. If we ever get to a point where its OK to force someone to do something against their belief it will be 1984. Even if its telling someone to not have racist views or misogynistic views. I get that someone can not wear a neo Nazi tee shirt at work, but when corporations try to spy on employees and fire them for what they do on their private time needs to be squashed. Free speech is not given by or based on what someone else thinks is OK or what is not. If you do your job and are not bringing it and spreading it at work then its no damn business of the business what you believe or do on your own time as long as its not illegal. This is a slippery slope. Next it will be if you dress up as a German Army or Confederate Army and go to reenactments you are canceled. What needs to be canceled is the cancel culture.

• under the radar
    under the radar

The article doesn't say so specifically, but it's entirely possible that those two employees are JWs. I don't often support the unnecessary stands that Witnesses take over seemingly trivial issues, but this is different. No one should be forced to wear emblems advocating causes they object to, whether it be LGBTQ or BLM or Democrat or Republican issues. I think work uniforms should be company-related and otherwise pretty much generic and neutral . If someone wants to advertise his affiliation with one cause or another, they should do so on their own time.

At the very least, employees should be allowed to cover emblems on a work uniform that they personally object to.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's be fair. If they can wear BLM or antifa stuff, then why shouldn't someone else be allowed to wear swastikas? After all, the Swastika is the symbol of the Sun, and was viewed as very positive before christi-SCAM-ity and its parent and sibling religions ruined it. And BLM and Antifa both stood for communism from their inception.

Of course, now that communism is in full force, any symbol for communism is allowed while symbols for freedom and prosperity are banned. They wouldn't want communism to be ruined or for anyone to ever again have freedom, now would they? Hence, the MAGA, the original American flag (or the flag as of 1959 after Hawaii entered the Union), the Constitution, "All lives matter", or anything along these lines (which represent freedom) is viewed the way the Swastika (representing prosperity and protection) was viewed since 1945.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit