Huckabee: The US Is More Evil Than The Rest Of The World

by ctrwtf 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

https://youtu.be/sPNxX52oesA

Mike Huckabee thinks that sin and evil, not guns, are the reason the US has so many mass shootings.

If this is true, then all things being equal, the US has more evil and sinful people than the rest of the world. Who's to blame for that? It's also interesting that he thinks the press should be restricted from how they report the news.

Headline: Give away your first amendment rights so that we can have MORE guns!

I know this dolt doesn't have a chance at being elected, but his views are straight out of the republican playbook.

• Simon
    Simon

The guy is a moron. Whenever he opens his mouth more stupid comes out.

"If only the world had more guns and duggars and duggars with guns, the world would be ok. Oh, and Kim Davis."

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

So the ISIS people who go around cutting people's heads off by the thousands and gang raping teenagers are not worse than the worst of the lot in the U.S.?

Mike Huckabee is an absolutely loser.

People get shot in the U.S. because they have access to too many guns. Go look around the world where guns are not available and guess what? There aren't mass shootings. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. The U.S. has made its bed with guns and thus you get these types of mass shootings.

• done4good
    done4good

Until people start using science and math to reason, (in this case using simple probability theory, not even its more advanced concepts), stupid comments such as Huckabee's, and one I saw yesterday on this forum that the "US has a problem with crazy people", (or something close to that), will continue to proliferate. Sadly, people will believe it.

Yes, I said stupid comments...not stupid people. I don't want to offend the poster that made the above comment I mention, but Huckabee's comment is just another variation thereof. That poster is not stupid.

d4g

• WireRider
    WireRider

I don't know if I can speak about the Evil part.

This has been all over news for the week. If they increase regulation or ban guns, good guys will not have guns. The bad guys will still be getting more. Black market. Many drugs are illegal, but they they cannot stop those. Bad guys are bad guys because they don't follow the laws. What would more regulation or banning do?

If I were a burglar I would really think twice about breaking into a house, or store, because they may shoot me. Conceal and carry has been winning over more states. The crime rates are dropping, not going up. A couple of armed teachers or a security guard would have made a huge difference. He would know there are good guns around the schools and think twice. If he were to have been shot sooner it would have saved lies. I'm not sure two bullets are the cure for schizophrenia (take two and call me in the morning) - but it helps. Many more people would be alive today and many families would not have to suffer the loss. Good people deserve protection.

I like Huckabee. As a presidential candidate I was worried the he, as gentleman and former minister, would not have the guts to order the military to attack. Watched talk show a few times. He very sternly stated into the camera - "If you break into my house and threaten my family - I will introduce you to two of my friends ... SMITH AND WESSON!"

Take Chicago for example. Some of strongest gun laws in the country. Their murder rates are through the roof. On an average day, more Americans are killed in Chicago that all the US military in the middle east. (which Obama completely ignores. Even on US soil he will not us the military, in this case the National Guard, to have a presence in Chicago. Some 15-20 people were shot last weekend - about average.) God forbid someone would take away good people guns. More regulation has had no effect on bad guys. The gangs are not getting the guns legally now - nor would they have a problem getting them even if they banned them all together.

Breaking new - "last weekend a helicopter when down killing 5 marines - and in Chicago (alone) 17 people were killed". I hear it all the time.

The crime rates went down in conceal and carry areas. The news pointed out that after Australia banned guns, the crime rate soared. Imagine the celebration of bad guys knowing people they harm cannot shoot back. Break into any house, if they see you, just leave. Mug someone - you won't get shot by anyone. Crimes rates would surge so high in the US.

Granted sensible rules do apply. Keep your gun in a safe place and away from children. Good idea to keep guns and bullets in separate places. For several years now they have been developing finger print readers built into the gun. Only when the registered owner grip the gun will it shoot.

• Village Idiot
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Oh brother it gets worse here's another nut case.

Dr Ben Carson In a Facebook question and answer session wrote: "There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking - but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

Carson also appeared on ABC's "The View" where he reiterated that kindergarten teachers should be armed with guns in their classrooms.

"Not all kindergarten teachers. I said people who are trained and understand all the implications and you're obviously not going to have a weapon sitting on the teacher's desk," Carson said

But Carson's latest comments defending the right to bear arms may be the most controversial, reports CBS News correspondent Julianna Goldman.

"I would ask everybody to attack the gunman because he can only shoot one of us at a time. That way, we don't all wind up dead," he told ABC News while chuckling on Tuesday.

"Stuff happens. There's always a crisis," Jeb! Bush said.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    Just a thought. For anyone found guilty of felony involving a gun, the sentence should be automatically doubled or add +5 or +10yrs. That's a gun law that would appeal to everyone, except the bad guy caucus, but they never vote anyway. It targets bad people specifically and doesn't impinge on good people's rights and self protection.
  • Simon
    Simon

Ben Carson - battling the preconception that neurosurgeons are intelligent.

WireRider: please save your fake stats for the right-wing conservative websites, we don't want that propaganda here thank you. Your argument has been debunked by mountains of evidence.

• Simon
    Simon

The people who do the crazy shooting frequently kill themselves as part of it. No amount of longer sentences will stop those shootings - they want infamy.

There is little evidence that longer sentences or even death sentences acts as a deterrent to crime. People don't think they'll get caught.

If you look at the reports, so many are altercations about minor things - parking spots, driving, god knows.

The common issue is that everyone has quick and easy access to a gun.

How do you legislate to prevent crimes by people who have not committed any crime yet? You can't. You need to remove the access to guns and this is proven with facts - fewer guns = fewer gun deaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit