Serious "House-to-House" question...

by TheApostleAK 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Why doesn't the WT society use Acts 8:3 in various translations (TEV, NIV, PME, JB, Liv Eng, NCV, Barclay, NLT, CEV) in support of their interpretation of "house to house"?????

I mean Saul (b4 conversion) went persecuting Christians by going house-to-house....

AK

• badboy
    badboy

Answer;They don't read their bible,according 2 my rector.

• Mary
    Mary

What exactly does this scripture say in Acts? (sorry, but I'm not familiar with it, or I just wasn't Paying Close Attention at the meetings)...............

• rocketman
    rocketman

Mary, Acts 8:3, NWT:

"Saul, though, began to deal outrageously with the congregation. Invading one house after another and, dragging out both men and women, he would turn them over to prison".

• rocketman
    rocketman

btw, AK, I would venture to guess that the reason they don't use it is because it had a negative connotation. Certainly, they would not want their method associated with Saul's going to people's houses and dragging them out.

On the other hand, sometimes their preaching does kind of feel like they are taking you to prison, eventually.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    ... I would venture to guess that the reason they don't use it is because it had a negative connotation.

funny,

this is some of the reasoning they use against birthdays. ....when John the B was beheaded!

Wish they would preach a principal and stick with it! They'd sure be up a creek fast

will

• undercover
    undercover
    "Saul, though, began to deal outrageously with the congregation. Invading one house after another and, dragging out both men and women, he would turn them over to prison".

I wonder if the same Greek words are used for "one house after another" as are used in whatever scriptures the WTS uses to prove that the apostles/disciples went from door to door.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"do not go from house to house"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit