Masters of the art of Reverse Snobbery

by stillin 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

They create their own measure of what "success" is. The reward for their endeavor is, at best, a sense of accomplishment at the end of an otherwise worthless life. But in real-world terms, the things that pass for actual success are looked down upon as stupid, like shoveling coal to keep a sinking ship's engine running.

Maybe, big maybe, there is a God who notices sincere effort to be a good little Witness, but that God is impressed by the qualities in a person that made it so. Honesty, kindness, etc.

Other people finish out their lives with the same sense of accomplishment, too! They have kept their dignity and integrity and loyalty to their ideals through thick and thin. At the same time they have been educated, had good careers, loved their families and kept them together, instilling good values in their kids. They may have helped with charitable movements, served others open-handedly, acted with respect toward even the poorest people.

But the Witnesses say that the heart motive disqualifies those "worldly" people and that God doesn't notice their good lives because they do it all for wrong reasons.

I'm ranting, aren't I? The arrogance of the Witnesses just blows me away.

• James87
    James87

No you are not. They are blinded sheep. They are not bad people just misguided people who are fed lies to make there lives more bearable. Choice is not something JW embrace/understand. Knowing there is another way would make people question everything. Why do you think they are given the lie that even if people who leave seem happy they are not. It is a form of control.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They are repeated told that they are "special" -- chosen by God -- 1/10th of 1% of the people on earth.

Image result for isn't that special

Of course, they are delusional too.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLIN:

I remember seeing some of the attitude you are describing back in the day. But, I wasn’t buying it.

Read that other thread about the elderly CO. How snobby are some of these JWs today if they can’t pay their bills?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

To them success is letting your child die for lack of a life saving blood transfusion. Enough said.

Ok everyone, finish the review:

"Let's review, its a ...."

• DesirousOfChange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit