letter

by free will 4 Replies latest jw friends

• free will
    free will

i'm in the process of writing down my reasons for leaving. i believe it will help with closure for me and for my family. i have a tendency to (after a long while) forget all the bad and remember only the good. i don't want that to happen in this case. when i'm older, when i'm lonely, wanting to "fit in" again. a.k.a. when the internet is down. ;) i want to be able to reaffirm my decision. i want my jw parents to understand that i didn't leave for the holidays or presents. i want my non jw inlaws to know - that i made a mature decision. i want to prove to myself that i know what's best for me.
    so, are there those of you with letters to yourself or to family. what motivated you?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    i want my jw parents to understand that i didn't leave for the holidays or presents. i want my non jw inlaws to know - that i made a mature decision. i want to prove to myself that i know what's best for me.

And what a beautiful reason to write such a letter.

I think a lot times, especially in my case, our dub families honestly believe the crap that the "evil call of satan" got to us. The pressures of the world were too much.

Sometimes, even if they don't believe it when they first read it, they need to get a reality check and realize there are plenty of better reasons to leave the dubs...not just hurt feelings and the lure of christmas presents.

Way to go free will...best of luck in composing your letter, I hope you get out everythiing you want to say to them!

• free will
    free will

thanks joanna. i like your point. evil satan didn't get to me!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Your idea is good. For me, it consisted mostly of a journal, where I wrote how I felt. I still do that, a lot. If I find myself distressed about something, I write an open letter and I express every idea in there. I speak to the people who will not speak to me, or who will not answer. I let it all out and then I let go of it. Of course, I don't send it, as it's not that kind of "letter". I will keep the letter for awhile, until I'm feeling better.Sometimes I save it if it's memorable enough. I used to keep everything and refer to it over and over. I've also learned it's okay to let go of so much of that.

The past is the past. The future is whatever you make it.

• free will
    free will

i'm glad yiou found a good way to vent. i've tried journals before but, they left a sour taste. as my jw mom, found it and read everything. yikes! oh well. thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit