A new member

by Kurteousmaximus 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• kairos
    kairos

Welcome to yet another member!

Take your time, pace yourself.
    What happened to ALL of us was not OUR FAULT.

It's not loving to treat anyone the way JWs do.

From Napa Valley!

• Kurteousmaximus
    Kurteousmaximus

I'm really appreciative of all your comments and thankyou again.

i have a busy weekend with my children to occupy me but will have this page open for a long time I can tell!!

there has been more sense spoken than I have been party to for many many years and the strength I need is within reach....

how wonderful to share comments with a worldwide "brotherhood"......without fear as its driver

hugs to you all

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Welcome.

SL

• Alive!
    Alive!

Hi there,

I was a convert in my 30s and have faded - some 25 plus years later.

A close relative described my loss of trust in the religion as being a traumatic event - and she is right. Years of mind altering influence, fear inducing doctrine is hard to shake.

Am happy to be influenced in a way that builds my character, but I can see the watchtower influence is unhealthy.

The latent fear, the sense of unreality is gradually leaving me - I have my own relationship with God. It's my journey and I feel safe and secure these days.

The cult control certainly damaged my general sense of well being.

Welcome dear - enjoy the precious moments and hopefully the unhealthy effect of cult group control will loosen its grip....a work in progress :-)

It's never too late to heal.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Welcome and congrats...
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

Thanks for joining! So young with your whole life ahead of you in a cult free environment! Now you can go about teaching your children tolerance - something JWLand sorely lacks.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hi , Kurt...

Welcome to the board from Australia , and yes it truly is a brotherhood /sisterhood of support and encouragement from people all round the world.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Take care

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Kurteous and welcome. I am glad you are awake so your children don't have to go through what you did.

I am 3rd-gen, born-in, never baptized. I was around the age of 10 to 12 when I started having my doubts but kind of in reverse order.

The Ethiopian Famine of the 1970s had me questioning an all-powerful, all-loving God. As I moved into my teens, my doubts about religion grew. The JWs weren't making sense to me. The Catholics were in the news about their pedophilia problem. I just figured my life was going to be lived without God and I was fine with that. It's been a tough road with parents being in and getting more zealous as we kids grew up and left home. None of us are JWs. My Mom is dead now and my Dad is in a nursing home with dementia. He doesn't even remember his religion anymore.

As for me, I am a non-believer. Researching the history of the Bible, Bart Ehrman's information on the contradiction of the 4 Gospels and outright lies in the Bible, the factual errors in it too helped me conclude that God is just a figment of the human imagination. Ancient peoples used them to define their world. We have Science to help us with that now. Thank the Goddess! ;0)

So what are the things you enjoy doing beside being a parent? Any hobbies you enjoy? I love horses, crafting, having fun with family and friends. Work and looking after my Dad are my primary activities at the moment.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Hi KM - so nice to see you here.

I am quite a new member too, (appx 6 months) - I came into the 'troof' at 15 and am leaving 25 years later - I think you got it the right way round.

I raised 2 kids in this stupid religion and it has messed with both their heads, they are feeling the fallout now of not being allowed to be normal, something I regret and both are having issues in one way or another, which I am trying to help them with. So I can really understand how you could still have difficulties now if you didn't deal properly with the cult mind control and the sense of loss when you left way back when.

As you've seen from the other posters - there is great advice and support here, plus some laughs, its so nice to see lively debate when we come from a place where we couldn't question things.

On the faith side, I feel there is a God which gives me comfort and I think Jesus teachings are beautiful & everyone should try to live by them, but I don't feel I have to have all the answers anymore and I am keeping an open mind as I take in info from all sides - I hope that helps a bit.

Welcome and hugs, have a great weekend with your kids x

• Kurteousmaximus
    Kurteousmaximus

Hi all from the south coast in England.. A beautiful crisp and dewy morning greeted us today..

football/soccer training done and just off for lunch... Australia,Canada,America..world..hello and warm greetings...will give a little more of my background and stories from my experiences past and present on discovering who and what I became soon.

still blown away on how much of your words ring true to me...

I will say you have inspired me and I'm dipping into this like a hungry kid!!

even feel a bit warm and content.......is this that word called love??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit