A new member

by Kurteousmaximus 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kurteousmaximus
    Kurteousmaximus

Hi... I am new and after nearly 20 years after being disassociated at 15 I would like to make contact with others who have similar difficulties. My mother was disfellowshipped shortly after my rebellion and had all ties with both her mother and brother cut and that remains the case.

just really hacked off with not being able to put things in the proper place in my life after all these years.

For the record I don't know if I believe in God but am searching for some peace as I seem to self destruct on a regular basis.

any ideas anyone?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Kurt.

Any ideas? you ask. Well, you've taken the first step by posting here.

If you're looking to have virtual friends then there's facebook groups.

Actual friends? Depends where you live I guess.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Kurt, welcome.

Take your time and look through many of the topics which have already supplied invaluable advice to many of us here. You will get a lot of help by doing so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome Kurt!

You are the fourth new member this week alone!

This is a safe and supportive place, where you will be free to express your self and your thoughts without judgement.

We look forward to your contributions!

What part of the planet are you in?

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Kurt , looking forward to your input .

Jan

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Welcome! You've come to an excellent place for help, support and advice.
  • Kurteousmaximus
    Kurteousmaximus

Yes...a first step...thank you all for welcoming me and I will be here as much as possible to share and hopefully learn alongside you all.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Hi Kurteousmaximus! Welcome!

One thing you will love about this place, as I did/ do, is that there are people who share your same experiences, who will understand right away... w/o a lot of explaining.... what you are going thru ;)

They also have great ideas of how to survive the mental anguish the WT loads on to your brain. It helps you sort things out, feel better about yourself, see who the real villain is. Just being able to express yourself helps, right?

There are people who believe in God, in some form.... others are atheists... agnostics, some are evolutionists, undecided, all kinds... but we all know what the WT has done to many people, and are empathetic to the dilemmas you are going thru.

Hang in there, who knows? there may be an exJW that lives close to you!

cha ching!

• Kurteousmaximus
    Kurteousmaximus

Getting a little blown away now with the replies... Think I have a tear starting... Who knows I might have an avenue to my heart that's not bricked up solid.

thankyou so much 😊

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit