What was your worst experience?

by CC Ryder 3 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Aside from being interrogated at your JC meeting, what was your worst experience while being a JW?

I have two bad experiences, both similar, in that they dealt with the unjust No blood rule. I was present while a very close friend of mine died from not taking blood while he was suffering from a burst Pancreas. I was not aware of how serious it was at the time, and did not find out that the doctors were trying to get him to take a blood transfusion, until after he died and I spoke with some of his doctors.

The second one concerned a sister who gave birth to a child late in life. She hemorraged after giving birth and just layed there bleeding to death for two days. Her husband was an elder and our BS conductor, so we became good friends. Both of these experinces have given me alot of emotional pain. Now that I am out and know of the lies and deception the WTC blinds people with, I think back alot on those two incidents. I feel bad now that I know it was such a waste. I even remember feeling confused at the time that that sister was dieing, and that I wanted something to be done to help her.

I wanted to know what some of you experienced, and what you've done to cope with what occured and how you felt afterwards. If this is too painful a subject I will understand. I'm in one of those times that those past experiences are bothering me.

CC

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just the constant cycle of guilt, fear and depression.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Being a never-JW, all my experiences are second hand. The worst so far is when my honey confessed he was seeing a 'worldly girl'. He was severely counselled for that. He was given a sheet with the "unequally yoked" scripture and other dire warnings. When he explained he had prayed long and hard about his decision, and had decided to trust his eternal reward in Jehovah's hands, he was told, "What makes you think Jehovah hears your prayers?"

That single statement cost my honey many sleepless nights.

What earthly human has the power to cut off a man's access to God? Shame on them.

• foreword
    foreword
    "What makes you think Jehovah hears your prayers?"

"What makes you think Jehovah hears your prayers?" , that's what I would ask them.

Sitting in God's judgement seat....lol.

Worst of it all, the majority of religious leaders assume they know it all. I enjoy tearing their little world apart whenever I get a chance.

Warped and pretentious pharisees, that's what they are.

Maybe I'm bad, but at least I admit it to myself and others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit