Hollywood versions of Bible stories

by Aztec 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay it's Easter and the parade of nonsensical Hollywood interpretations of Bible myths has begun. In the background I am listening to one of them. Gotta love Charton Heston. :p What is your favorite "Biblical" movie? I love "The Last Temptation of Christ" though some would debate it's Biblical nature. I say it deals with Biblical themes and characters so that qualifies it. I also loved "Dogma"! I like anything that questions the infallability of the Bible and it's teachings. ~Aztec

• Prisca
    Prisca

I love Ben Hur.

Funny you should be posting this thread, in the background is a modern adaptation of the story of King Solomon. (the movie is called "Solomon", for obvious reasons)

Guess it's just that time of the year!

• freedom96
    freedom96

I remember my elder father watching a bibical based movie with his bible, to see how close the movie was with what happened in the bible.

• Swan
    Swan

E.T. The Extraterrestrial was one of my favorites, and immensely popular back in 1982, even among JWs. Of course, it was a remake of the classic The Day the Earth Stood Still which is also one of my favorites.

Tammy

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Aztec: I'm with you there on that one.

"Last Temptation Of Christ" - the soundtrack alone, is phenominal.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I always liked that line from "Almost an Angel".

Paul Hogan says: "God is the spitting image of Charlton Heston".

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit