Family fun

by redvip2000 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Went to over to family gathering at a cousin's home in upstate NY over the weekend. In the late afternoon, several Bet-hell constructions workers arrived (some family, others just friends), after a nice day of slavery at the construction site. Endless bragging ensued while we gathered around a bonfire, from how "the construction is going forward in seamless way", using "The best techniques and materials in construction" to the fact that the Obama care website doesn't work properly and how it's "complete garbage when compared to the JW.org."

Oh what fun having to bite my tongue as the only thinking individual in a sea of drones. I was able to throw a few jabs out there once the group got smaller and some of the slaves went back to their temporary homes because they had to go back to the Bet-hell "salt mines" for another day of slave work.

One gem what was said was that once completed, there will be an exhibit about the bible and its history, which will be "world renowned".....right. I could not roll my eyes back enough when i heard that one.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Too bad considering all the construction halts and facility shut downs their sweat may well be in vain. Morons.
  • committeechairman
    committeechairman

Excuse me, but jw . org is terrible, speaking from an infrastructure perspective. It was down most of the weekend because it couldn't deal with the load put on it for a million people to hit it to get the new publications. What kind of worldwide organization website can't deal with the load of a portion of its members hitting it all at the same time?

The underlying architecture is flawed and beyond repair.

CC

• New Order
    New Order

"to the fact that the Obama care website doesn't work properly and how it's "complete garbage when compared to the JW.org."

Amazing how JWs are more skilled at using Satan's tools than the worldly people who create/invent them.

• pbrow
    pbrow

New order... Are you saying Obama invented the interwebs??!!

Al Gore says "you got some splaining to do!"

pbrow

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    I noticed too that when the Sunday video was to be shown all that came up was the "temporarily unavailable. Check back later" error message. I started laughing out loud when three or four tries didn't work. When I was asked afterwards what I thought was so funny I said, "The un-useable video from JDubya dot org just gave me a sudden mental picture of Jehovah's Chariot coming to a screeching halt."
  • New Order
    New Order

New order... Are you saying Obama invented the interwebs??!!

pbrow, I made no such suggestion that obama invented internet; not sure how you got that. I made a general statement based on the poster's comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit