Motivational Needs

by joannadandy 1 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I've noticed everyone around here has been so down lately, there have been all sorts of people who post here who could use a boost....

I don't normally pass on motivational crap like this, but I feel like it might do some good, especially this story. I know it helped me when I was down last week...

An old farmer was walking along when he found that his beloved donkey had fallen into the well at the farm. The poor creature was crying out for help. The farmer was so worried, but was at a loss as to what to do. He had no way to pull the donkey to safety.

After several hours of thinking, he came to the awful conclusion that the donkey, while a beloved friend, was rather old and who knew if it had sustained serious injury. He also knew the well was old and dry. He decided the only thing to do was to cover over the well.

He called all his friends and neighbors, and with heavy hearts they all started to shovel dirt into the well. The donkey was frantic at first, braaying and calling out with each shovel full of dirt. As time went on the donkey became silent. They continued to shovel.

When the farmer looked into the well he noticed the donkey was shaking off the dirt that would land on it's back, and then take a step up. Another shovel full of dirt, and the donkey would continue to shake off the dirt, and then take another step up.

The farmer and all his friends were amazed and delighted. They continued to shovel and the donkey continued to shake the dirt off and climb ever higher until finally he reached the surface of the well.

The moral of this story is simple. When life seems to get us down and there seems no way out, we need to only shake off the dirt, and step up. No matter what life throws at us we must all remain calm and strive to overcome. Though it may seem impossible at times, we have to just keep shaking off the dirt that life shovels on us, and life always has a way of doing that, and rise above whatever challenges we must face.

So remember these simple things.

• Stay strong
    • Keep going
    • Strive to not let life get you down
    • Keep a positive attitude
    • Never give up!

Actually, that's not really how the story ends.

The story really ends with the donkey climbing out of the well, and then walked over to the farmer and bit and kicked the living crap out of him.

Then the donkey walked over to the astonished onlookers who had helped the farmer, and then bit and kicked the living crap out of them too.

The real moral of the story is this: if you try to cover your ass, it will only come back to bite you.

Well this made me laugh anyway...hope the rest of you got a chuckle at least...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Then all the bitten and kicked people got up and had a big donkey barbecue, with lots of beer and wine. And they rejoiced , and were happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit