Warning of Possible Measles Exposure - Watchtower Bible Tour
(thanks to darkspliver on reddit for this story)
The New York state Department of Health says a tourist from Australia who has been confirmed to have measles visited hotels in New York City along with some places in the Hudson Valley.
State health officials say the tourist was part of an Oasis Bible Tour group at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan, and visited the Watchtower Educational Center in Patterson in Putnam County, a hotel and urgent care center in Orange County and Orange Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department. This was between February 16 – 21, potentially exposing others to measles. They say the risk of developing measles is very low, especially for people who have been immunized.
The following is from a news release from the NYS DOH:
Anyone who visited the following locations may have been exposed:
- La Quinta Inn, 31 W. 71st Street, New York, NY, between February 16 and the morning of February 19, 2018.
- Oasis Bible Tours at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Avenue, New York, NY, the morning of February 16, and the evening of February 17, 2018.
- Watchtower Educational Center, 100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, NY, between 12:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on February 19, 2018.
- Best Western Hotel, 1324 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, from February 19 until 12:00 p.m. on February 20, 2018.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Goshen – Middletown, 20 Hatfield Lane, Goshen, NY, from 4:30 p.m. on February 20 until 10:30 a.m. on February 21, 2018.
- Excel Urgent Care, 1 Hatfield Lane, Goshen, NY, between 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. on February 21, 2018.
- Orange Regional Medical Center, Emergency Department, 707 E. Main Street, Middletown, NY, between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2018.
Are you sure this is not PILLOW RASH ........just askin?