YouTube-Cults & Extreme Beliefs Season 1 Episode 2 Review & Reaction | AfterBuzz TV Jehovah's Witnesses

by AndersonsInfo 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIJ9n2XubR0&feature=share

AFTERBUZZ TV — Cults and Extreme Belief edition, is a weekly "after show" for fans of A&E's Cults and Extreme Belief. In this episode hosts Juliet Vibert, Mina Wahab, and Taylor Gates discuss episode 2 about Jehovah's Witnesses

• blownaway
    blownaway

Nothing new but a good show for those not up on the cult. I hope there is more and more exposure.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I left a comment in YouTube, which I'm repeating here:

I know that this is great for people who have been affected by that organization. It will be great to have an expert in this type of groups to talk about what people can do to get rid of their negative influence. Too many of these venues concentrate in what happens, very few talk about what to do about it.

Great video, I hope for a part two.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thanks but no thanks. During the time my wife and me was watching the episode I had a horrible body memory from my past abuse. I was doing alright until Romy started relating her story on how her abuser threaten her with death. The same happen to me as a child. It took everything I had not to go outside and scream at the top of my lungs. I was up most of the night. The next day it took most of the day reasoning out in my mind that I cannot be hurt by this guy again. My dear wife was very supportive of what I was going through but this was my battle and this experience has taught me a few things. First it is still part of my psyche and second I am a survivor and I will never allow this cult to harm me again. Here I am turning 64 this Wednesday and what this asshole did to me still affects my life. I feel for what Romy went through. Another brave survivor with lots to live for.

I was happy to see both of you on TV and how hard you are working to have laws changed to help all of us. Both of you take care and I hope to see you in person someday. Still Totally ADD

• flipper
    flipper

STILL TOTALLY ADD- I'm so sorry my friend that the show caused you much angst and you had flashbacks coming forth from your experience. Please know and be aware of my friendship to you and your wife here on the board. Your reaction was totally understandable from suffering abuse years earlier. Just want you to know me and my wife care. Sincerely, hang in there friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

The lady commentator at the 12 minute mark saying about JW's " people's lives seem not to be destroyed with any financial burden " . WTF ?

Is she uninformed- or what ? It costs hundreds of $$$ to go to assemblies , especially if you had children. Most JW's have to take menial jobs because they are told they aren't allowed to get a college education which further drives down their income earning potential. A typical JW is counseled by the elders sternly if they miss any meetings due to working nights when meetings are scheduled - thus pressuring Witnesses to either quit their jobs or find any other employment where they won't miss any meetings. ( Sigh )

This show needs a real moderator who knows what the hell she's talking about. She's pretty uninformed

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Still Totally ADD, I"m so sorry. I feel impelled to keep trying to expose this evil organization, no matter how small my part is. There is no excuse, and those ignorant assholes that allow this to continue need to go to jail. But, that still leaves tens of thousands like you and Romy. Absolutely tragic.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

I was one of those who was told to quit my job back in the day, and it wasn’t just because it made me late for meetings. The joke was that most of my critics were older people with cushy lives/married women with “worldly” husbands!

I’d be so screwed if I had listened to these people. Thankfully, I did not.

• flipper
    flipper

LONG HAIR GAL- I'm glad you didn't listen to those people and kept your job. I never listened to most of the alleged " advice " or " counsel " I received from elders either- most of them didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground anyway. I was considered a pretty " independent thinking " JW years ago when I was still in- the dangerous type who might help people start thinking ! LOL. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you flipper and Wakanda for your support. For many of us who went through this hell we mostly just want someone to listen to us and let us know you have our back. I remember many years ago I told a C.O. my story and all he could say was it made me a stronger person. I then ask him does a broken leg make you a stronger person? He just stare at me and walk away. Thank you all. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit