questions about some doctrinal issues

by Truth and Justice 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

First, a good evening to all on this forum,

I have been busy with my work, and so i don't come on here much. But because of winter, I will stop in on occasion and share some interesting insights. I just need to find some information on a topic, because I will be visiting my sister and want to discuss this with her.

The topic is about the "good Samaritan in the bible. And being out of the organization for over 30 years, I find there is a different understanding about the subject. I have always had the understanding that when you help your neighbor who is stuck in a ditch because of a snow storm, and you pull the young man out, your a good Samaritan. If the young woman is beaten up by gang of bad people, and leave her laying there bleeding, and so you pick her up and take her to the hospital, then you're a good samaritan.

So, has there been a change as far as who you would help? So much of what has been a JW doctrine or belief, all of a sudden has been changed to accommodate a new idea or agenda to more or less tighten the reigns of the witnesses. If someone has some info, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well, and I'm looking forward to sharing some interesting thoughts.

As I like to say, as one of my favorite western hero has always said, "May the Good Lord take a liking to you!"

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Luke 10:25-37

The witnesses are really only looking to help Muslim jihadist migrants, as professed over the past few weeks in the magazines, and other JW's. They seem to have a liking to the whole NWO agenda and even NATO, despite saying otherwise lol.

VERY RARILY will they help a black or a white man that is poor and has nothing.

Seems to me though, they are tightening their grip to only help JW's, if even that. For example, notice all the Mercedes and the double parked bmw's and Cadillacs in the lot. And then you have the poor brothers and sisters looked down upon by the rich elders because they are bad (poor) associates.

The whole thing disgusts me, just as the Jews in Jesus' day were, so the JW's of today are, sad to say.

On a side note, it makes me wonder if there is even '''the''' true God-driven organization as there wasn't for over a thousand years after Jesus' passing. Reverting back to being a reformed Jew myself(believing in a duality between Yahweh/Yeshua), I am hard-pressed to see any religion as even remotely good. So much hypocrisy everywhere and I see no hope, sad as it is.

Nevertheless, cheers m8! Hope you haven't gotten too much snow wherever you live on this planet we call 'earth'! 😀

ALPD

• smiddy
    smiddy

Check out "JW`s gasped in Australian court " just bumped recently about the F&DS Class as being a" Theocratic Arrangement" only and not to be identified with any individual personal or group of persons.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

One thing of note about the "good Samaritan" was that he was from an Apostate Nation, and yet he kindly helped out a Jew! (God's People at the time)

So, I wonder nowadays if an "apostate" was in dire trouble, would a Witness stop and help them out??

Thought not....

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So, has there been a change as far as who you would help? So much of what has been a JW doctrine or belief, all of a sudden has been changed to accommodate a new idea or agenda to more or less tighten the reigns of the witnesses. If someone has some info, I would really appreciate it.

I don't have any info on that, but in all honesty, why discussing kindness under the glass of that organization? Any decent person with any decent morals should know to be kind to people. That should be the end of it. The Wt trying to regulate who/when should receive help is just beyond absurd. That should be the end of it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Any decent person with any decent morals should know to be kind to people.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." (Mark 12:31)

Of course, those were the words of Jesus and not the JW/GB, so an active JW might not give them any significance. . . . Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit