Memorial experience........ rude etc.

by Its so simple 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Nothing much to say other than I finally understand why persons who 'don't go' go to the Memorial. It is a good time to reflect on what Jesus did. The funny thing is "JW's" attitude about it is, 'why bother?'

I saw a couple of Elders pointing and whispering about some of the 'once-a-year'ers'. I'm sure they were trying to find the key to 'saving' those poor lost souls. While at the same time hashing everything that is 'spiritually wrong' with them. It's just so lame.

This org is going down, their is no emotion in the entire building. Everyone that's there, is there because they are getting some kind of religious afirmation out of it.

I liked the comments on 'vaporizing' all the teachings. There will be no real doctrine after a while. JW's will morph into what they have always accused others of.

See you next year ;-)

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

This is why I do not want to go the the motions of trying to go to the memorial.

Why bother!!!!!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

What a lame post, I didn't even understand much of it, except the second post "Why bother" ......hmmm...... like I said lame.

• free will
    free will

scooby, i am happy that you enjoyed your memorial experience. my opinion is if it works for you - go for it - enjoy! but, please don't deny others their feelings, even if they are contrary to yours. wasn't that what you wanted in your memorial thread.?

• Francois
    Francois

Just try to remember the IQ of the real Scooby and then think of the avatar. Scoobysnax is an active JW who shouldn't even be on this site, thus he's playing both ends false. No one should care much what he thinks.

francois

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I miss the ignore function. It came in very handy.

It's my experience in life that you receive what you send out. If you don't like being attacked, then don't attack others.

• rocketman
    rocketman

So, scooby enjoys the Memorial and posts but someone else says their experience was not very good and scooby calls their post "lame"? Say it ain't so Scoober.

• stillinstock
    stillinstock

Im a new ExJW and am going though the guilt feelings of not attending the memorial :o(

But I have found a new freedom (and a new life) and I think I am pleased with my decision.

I agree that the emotion is getting lost in the organisation - everyone seems to be just intested in themselves being saved (maybe because the time is getting short - not sure!)

Its still a hard thing to do though (miss the memorial) after all this time. :o(

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

His comments didn't bother me any. I think it's hilarious that he's an active JW and posts here. Can you say 'seek your own selfish longing?'

What is the b-Org giving you scooby. Did they make you a mic handler? So you are feeling all up and powerful. Sheesh.

Let's hear some of the rest of your comments on the memorial.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Francois..... You're either daft, or you don't bother to check. Since when did I become an "active JW"? I've always stressed that I'm far from that. And what's my IQ got to do with anything? To be honest I don't really care what you think, I think. Good to see you looking out for others though.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit