Two virgin births in the Bible, who knew?

by Crazyguy 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

In the famous verse from Mathew chapter 1 verse 23 I believe the writer proclaims that Mary a virgin was going to give birth to a son he would be called Emmanuel. He even stated this was to fulfill a prophecy.

Thats prophecy is in Isaiah chapter 7:14.

Funny thing is the writer of Mathew read the scrolls the same way JWs do today. For if you keep reading the verses in Isaiah the prophet was stating a child would be born during the time of king Ahaz and before this child new from right or wrong so to speak two kings that were about to destroy Ahaz would be no more.

The greatest prophecy of all time! Jesus virgin birth and it wasn’t even a prophecy about him at all! And they call me crazy.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Cg,

Here is a post I made on another site where I included comments about Mt 1;23 from the NICNT-Matthew commentary. Look a little ways down in the post where Matthew 1:23 is cited for the part that is pertinent to that verse.

Hope your Saturday has been good. I'm sitting here and watching a documentary on Hitler and WWII on NGTV.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It’s truly amazing how ignorant we were as Christians!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yes completely inconsistent with Matthew's application of these passages to his virgin birth story. Isaiah only mention "the young woman"..

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

James your missing the point , the prophecy was about another Emmanuel not Jesus at all.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Crazyguy - And they call me crazy.

"You yourself said it." - The first one born from the second virgin

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I can't believe after 9 years being an atheist this is the thread that makes me look at a Bible again.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have learnt more about the Bible on this site than I ever did as a studious Jehovah`s Witness of 33 years.

No wonder I am now a self confessed Atheist

• zeb
    zeb

I saw this in Isaiah last eve and wondered about it. But I find the book of Isaiah reads a bit like a A Steven King script..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit