Tired of Strike9?

by Jourles 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

Who here is tired of the slow and sometimes non-loading of images stored at Strike9.com? I know I am. I hate it when I go into a topic and then something is wrong with strike9 and the pictures do not load. Or they load way too freakin slow.

Well, I've been working on a gallery that could be used as a replacement for anyone who is tired of strike9 or any other picture hosting site. The primary use for the site is going to be for storing roughly 150 "Body of Elders" letters and other general letters from the Society(not yet ready). The idea of picture hosting for folks here was a secondary thought on the site.

If anyone is interested in being a guinea pig and testing it out, please IM me. Your own personal gallery can be password protected, if you'd like, so that no one else can go in and view your files. You can also choose your own personal password once it is set up. The admin functions allow you to change several features in your folder.

So if anyone is interested, give me a buzz on the IM feature here.

• JH
    JH

Hi Jourles,

Strike9.com is not reliable. Sometimes it goes well. I have an album there, but I'm never sure if it will work.

I use lambsroar.com/gallery and it went well. But now it's not going at all. I don't know what's happening. I can't even delete my pictures there. I've been trying for a week.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I've heard that http://fotopic.net is easier to use and more reliable than strike9.com.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I had some frustration with strike9 too.

• Jourles
    Jourles

To those who used the IM messaging, please check your inboxes for your passwords. Otherwise, here are the instructions to get in and to start uploading your pictures(Please read them to get acquainted with the gallery):

1. Go to http://www.dirtclod.com/gallery
    2. Click on "Personal Hosting"
    3. You will see your name on the left. Just click on your name and you will then be sent to your folder. For now, your folders will be password protected. You can disable this feature if you would like everyone to be able to view your gallery. The password protection becomes effective as soon as you upload at least one picture.
    4. Once you have entered your personal folder, click on the "Admin-Login" located on the upper right navigation bar. If you have a picture already loaded into your gallery, you will be asked for your password to access your album first.
    5. Enter your password to administrate your album.
    6. Once logged in, the general album settings will now show up with several links to the left allowing you to change other features.
    7. To upload new pictures, just click on the "Upload Images" link to the left and it will be fairly straightforward after that.
    8. To disable or enable password protection allowing or disallowing people to browse your folder, click on the "Set/Delete User Password" link.
    9. To change your admin password, click on "Change Admin Password." This is the password which will allow you to access the admin functions of your gallery.
    10. Linking to your photos is the same as any other gallery. Just right-click, and then copy and paste the location of the full picture.

Any other questions you may have can be asked here on this thread. If you run into any problems, please let me know, as this gallery will probably be hit hard in the next few weeks(hence the need for a few testers). If there are any other features you would like to see incorporated, drop me a line and I will see what I can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit