Attended first Memorial in 20 years

by Athanasius 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

After a 20 year absence I attended the Memorial this evening. Not surprisingly, nothing has really changed after two decades, as far as the Memorial Talk is concerned. The JWs were very friendly even though I wore an American Flag pin in my lapel and identified myself as a devout Anglican. I sat in the back so was able to see everything. It looked like I was the only one to partake, everyone else passed up a ticket to heaven. The speaker said that only one in ten congregations has a partaker. Guess they were lucky tonight, provided they count me. Do they count Anglo-Catholics as partakers? Anyway I sense that the JWs are abandoning the hard sell approach of earlier times in favor of the "isn't this a nice religion" format. Though I have no intention of ever going back to the KH, change seems to be in the wind. Let us hope that the JWs will follow the lead of the World Wide Church of God and make some positive changes for the good of all.

Athanasius

• Robdar
    Robdar

Though I have no intention of ever going back to the KH, change seems to be in the wind.

You say you have no intention of going back to the KH and yet you went to the memorial tonight? Okay.

Robyn

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    JWs are abandoning the hard sell approach of earlier times in favor of the "isn't this a nice religion" format.

I would agree. In JW-world nowadays you rarely see or hear the Rutherfordesque ranting about this that and the other that was their calling card in previous times. That seems to have slowly morphed into "Please like us, please please like us, we're not so bad!"

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you told them you were an Anglican -they wont count you!!!Your in error in there opinion but if they know where you live they will be round to straighten you out & bring you back to earth LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit