TV.JW.ORG - October 2015: Neighborly love is more than just Field Service

by Designer Stubble 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• label licker
    label licker

LOL!!! Supporting those in need around you and helping the elderly AFTER they are no longer the org's burden. How sad for all those special pioneers and bethelites that got their bronzed boot. Such a wicked cult!

James 2:15-17

If a brother or sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: "Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it? Thus, too, faith if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Wouldn't it be great if the ORG actually helped people with charity? I could almost forgive and forget the actions of the leaders if they changed for the better.

Sadly, I fear they are too controlling. Their Orwellian actions are getting worse, not diminishing. I believe they would actually prepare a new time-sheet to make sure the dubs were doing enough charity to "qualify for life."

What was that saying about new wine in old wine skins?? I think I finally understand that old saying.

DD

• clarity
    clarity

Totally agree with all of you. A BIG IF here, but if they softened up on helping & embracing the rest of the world, could we forget the damage they have done & still do by their miserable & dangerous actions?

It would be the most hypocritical slap in the face for me!

clarity

• Room 215
    Room 215
    I agree with petraglyph, sir82 and inbetween.... it's a preemptive burnishing of their image which they'll retain on file for later PR or legal use.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Lip service.

My best guess is that they did it so at some later point, they will have video "evidence" (for some court case) that they encourage their adherents to be friendly to worldly scum.

This. The example that they gave of "simplifying" and doing cart witnessing says it all - they'll talk about all these great ideals of helping others (even the evil worldlies) but when they give an example of how to put this into practical use it ALWAYS has something to do with handing out magazines. They give this example of spending more time cart witnessing, or they'll give their examples of helping someone with their yard work or their car or groceries - but it's always helping people when you encounter them while out in service. In the rare case that they hold up an example of someone helping someone outside of the context of being out in service, the story still always ends with a magazine placement at the very least, but usually a study being started.

Bottom line - the WTS NEVER encourages charitable works being done unless they're simultaneously pushing recruitment.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I agree with you OEJ "charity" will be for gaining converts, not from the heart.

I remember a brute of an elder declaring that charity is to Jehovah like a red rag is to a bull, implying that charitable works annoy Big J because they detract from the kingdom as the only answer.

Well well! since the kingdom has now failed to turn up, perhaps old fashioned charity is a good alternative.

This new direction makes the GB look like they are no longer strong arm men dictating what should or should not be believed because now they listen to the superior authorities.

This might be the end of the road for JW independence and their all round nastiness. How about charity towards those who have left the org?

They could dissolve into a lame and declining cult within conventional Christianity...

• Room 215
    Room 215
    The unprecedented refugee crisis in Europe offers Losch and his teletubby buddies a splendid opportunity to put their collective money where their mouths are.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    The unprecedented refugee crisis in Europe offers Losch and his teletubby buddies a splendid opportunity to put their collective money where their mouths are.

There are already stories floating around of dubs preaching to those on the move. Just wait for the sentimental video on JWB about how the refugees' spiritual needs are being met by hoards of cart caretakers.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The broadcast has shocked me, because the others are called "outsiders"

So there is distinction between the "disciples of Jesus" "preachers" in the parable and the "outsiders".

A religion that has it necessary to explain to its followers what is neighbourly love and labels them "outsiders" is strange. The Samaritanians are compared to outsiders?

Of course the building of kingdom halls is "sacred service" and not the charity towards outsiders, that is not "sacred service". So why not concentrating your efforts in sacred service than otherwise to let your light shiiiiiinnnnnne, as the bro. beautiful pronounced it.

Than: We have distaster relief service too that is also an activity of neighbourly love, and helping your brothers is neigbourly love too. So help goes first to the sisters and brothers.

So thats good begin this help in disaster, but if that is all, its not sufficient. Where are the regulare compains, like sending pioneers to Lesbos in greece helping the refugees. Only preaching in refugee camps is not sufficient.

"Does not the Management Committee of EAJW in Europe have the power

"to contribute funds to give spiritual and incidental humanitarian assistance in particular to the poor, the homeless and the sick especially in under-developed countries"

according to its constitution that is known to the United Nations and basis of its charity status?

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    I agree with SIR 82's supposition. They are worried about losing their charity/tax exemption status and they plan on using this as evidence of good works in some future challenge to it. I think it's interesting and funny in a bad way that JWs are so programmed to only help other JWs, that they have to be taught how to be decent to anyone outside the congregation. If these people are Christian, wouldn't they be doing all that Loesch said plus a lot more without prompting?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit