This makes no sense to me..anyone?

by DJ 4 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

I was directed to a link by blondie.... www.passover.com

It says that the Fast of the Firstborn is on the 16th this year and the First day of The Feast of Unleavened Bread is the 17th. Ok, here's my question. If fast means do not eat and feast means eat.....and Jesus in Matt. 26:17 shared the last supper with his diciples on the First day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread..............then why are the jw's holding the memorial on the day of the fast (16th) and not the first day of the feast? Well, it makes sense I guess, since they don't partake but I don't think that they know that. Anyone?

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I'm not sure, but does,

Passover begins at sundown with first Seder.

On the 16th equal the JW's Memorial at sundown?

Spanner

• DJ
    DJ

LOL LOL LOL> I think I get it. They are using the Jewish calendar system of sunset to sunset as a day. Therefore they are having their memorial a day early. (wed.) This is terribly amusing when you see the irony of it! In actuality on this planet, by the calendar that WE all use....The wt has the memorial on the Fast of the Firstborn. By being so insane about getting at the exact time, they actually get it wrong.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

DJ, it's just a way of getting the poor dubbies to attend an extra meeting on a day (Wednesday) that they don't normally!

Spanner

• DJ
    DJ

Spanner,
    Thanks. I see this as so ironic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit