"Dangling Carrot"

by micheal 3 Replies latest jw friends

• micheal
    micheal

Did anyone here have that "Dangling Carrot"( Privledges) put in front of them? Basically the elders demanded you do anything they tell you to do or else you wouldn't recieve that "privledge". Basically you had to humiliate yourself and act if like a dancing monkey " or else, not this time brother".

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I can top that. When I stomped out last May, after a couple of months my book study conductor finally called me and made the big mistake of asking why I hadn't been at meetings. I told him, emphasizing lack of love, hypocrisy, child abuse issue, etc. He called me a week later and said that, well, what do you know, Jennie (our 9-year-old daughter) just happened to have her first talk assigned for the next week and could he expect us to be there for her to give it? Now, I'd been in that congregation with the kids for a year and Jennie had been signed up with the School the whole time and only gotten one householder part. I told him his timing sucked and said "no." I'm still aghast and furious that he would use my daughter as a carrot to get me back to meetings.

Nina

• minimus
    minimus

Well of course, you silly rabbit.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not really. When I was a MS and had privleges I was Ricky Righteous and a big time JW. By the time I stopped going, every elder came over to my house to try to convince me to come back and I out-argued them all. After that they left me alone and didn't tempt me with anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit