Advice needed!

by born againer 6 Replies latest jw friends

• born againer
    born againer

Basically, I need some advice from all you ex JWs. I want to help my best friend (and my ex!) to come out, but I don't want to fall out with him and have to argue with him about bible passages. What helped you all to see the real truth? How did people help you? I'm really stuck as to how to help him. Its really difficult, because he won't be alone with me ever, so I can't ever have private conversation with him. It makes me so mad, only this afternoon he told me could watch a film tonight. By 9.30 he hadn't been in touch, and I had to text him to find out what was going on. I got a reply saying that he had gone to another persons house with some guys, and that it was going to be a guys night and I wasn't invited. RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He makes me so mad, he didn't even have the decency to call and let me know, the coward. I have such love and yet such hate....

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Born again,

Why waste time on someone who disrespects you? Why should anyone here help you win over this moron?

You deserve better.

JamesT

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I have such love and yet such hate

It sounds as if your relationship has bigger problems than Jehovah's Witnesses. But I will say that there is nothing you can do to "make" someone leave. It is a difficult and painful process, full of guilt and fear.

With all due respect, but it might be more productive for you to talk with him about some more pressing problems in your relationship.

Good luck.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ultimately what I read at http://www.disfellowshipped.org/Judicial%20jc_page_7.htm and here: http://www.disfellowshipped.org/Appeal%20jc_page_8.htm are what convinced me that the JW's were not all that they said they were.

• Francois
    Francois

I'd give him a copy of Ray Franz' "Crisis of Conscience" and then let his conscience be his guide.

francois

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Have you tried using the UN involvement issue?

Its much easier to prove and they have no answers to being caught in a lie. I have had a huge success this week with an Elder who came to visit me. He addmitted that he doesnt know the answer and that he will just have to trust the society. The same society that has lied to him.

All the relevant newspaper articles and letter scans are on Randy's freeminds site. The link is: www.randytv.com/secret/index.htm

I'm sure you can get them asking questions with this. Don't forget, they have lied to all the brothers who have asked by saying it was only to get a library card, which is blatently untrue.

If you want anymore info just e.mail me and i'll send an analysis that I have done. [email protected]

regards

• jgnat
    jgnat

What if your ex were a drug user? You can no more change a JW in to an X-JW than you can change a druggie. You could look up some resources and point him in the right direction, but ultimately he is in charge of his own life. Be warned, he has the right to listen to what your say or completely ignore you. This is called free will.

The same with his treatment of you tonight. What's going on? You trying to stay friends? Do you still think you can make him be "nice"? (I am guessing you are not together because he has some issues already). He might have another agenda, like cutting loose and making a new set of friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit