A Gem I over heard at my fathers mid week meeting

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I overheard this, while my father was listening to the mid week zoom meeting. Apparently all the reshuffling with the Bethelites having to do their own food prep and washing was because it would free up space for better utilisation, and Bethelites who were needed for these jobs could now be out in the field ministry. Omg😳 I also chocked when I heard that. My question is, was this answer just a personal opinion or was it down in writing? Anybody else hear something similar. P.S To make the matters even worse my father then went on to compare the reshuffle in Bethel to the light getting brighter. Man I just can’t handle this nonsense.
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

That is great news Joe, more retrenchments.

RB.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

What I have not herd of this.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I heard of this last year.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Fewer cooks, waiters, laundresses to feed and house.

The reassigning to ministry is actually a layoff.

Imagine having to make your own bed, cook yourself, do your own laundry instead of having a maid and butler

• Overrated
    Overrated

Oh that's really bad news. Does the Governing Body do their own meal prep and clean up or make their own bed?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOE134CD:

Sounds like a pile of horsemanure made to smell pleasant. What this really means is yet another bunch of bethelites are going to be sent packing!

Now, yet MORE needy and begging people will be in congregations..except there aren’t as many physical congregations around since they are selling off so many kingdom halls! If you call a virtual Zoom meeting a ‘congregation’..it still requires a ‘home’ for a person to be IN in the first place. So, these bethelites will need a place to go TO. Are their parents alive? Maybe not if they are older bethelites. Not a good situation.

These bethelites are going to learn what it’s like to really live in the big bad world. Any of them who made callous and arrogant remarks in the past (‘not spiritual’ or ‘materialistic’) about responsible working people in congregations are going to eat their words!

They can’t say they weren’t warned since this has already happened before. Any bethelites still there had better be prepared, have a plan and have a list of phone contacts they can get in touch with.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It wasn’t so much the information that made me choke. It was more the spin on it and then for my father to turn around and put new light on it just blew me away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit