Is Watchtower beginning to buckle

by Truthexplorer 16 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Historically, authoritarian regimes do tend to buckle when confronted by multiple prolonged crises at once...
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    the Borg is entirely TAX FREE, an enormous monitory saving.

I had previously read various newspaper articles of complaints with WT not paying taxes in Brooklyn.

It's one thing for a place of worship not being required to pay property tax.

It was becoming recognised that substantial tax was lost from increasing numbers of massive properties used for printing facilities, office space, warehouse, equipment fabrication, vehicle maintenance and living accommodations, just because those properties are operated by a religious entity.

Perhaps the tax situation was making Brooklyn a hostile environment for WT, with a fear of the tax situation turning against them.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    I really bloody hope so after what I saw today!!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth Sarim - "...the Borg is entirely TAX FREE..."

For now.

• steve2
    steve2

I really bloody hope so after what I saw today!!

Hey, don't keep us in suspense Umbertoecho. What did you see?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Yes almost every day on this site you hear of cutbacks and more cutbacks
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Personally, I believe WTBTS is definitely showing signs of financial stress. Their behavior is getting to be erratic, but as we have seen on this forum, predictable. Their behavior is predictable concerning their next cuts or money grabbing schemes.

Just to clarify, just because an organization is tax free, it' doesn't mean they are automatically successful. Even non-prophet organizations have to have sufficient donations to remain solvent. Incidentally, There are many "for profit" organizations that pay NO tax because they spend a lot of money on lawyers that specialize in taxation defense. (Watch the documentary, "We Are Not Broke" on Netflix".)

Calvin Coolidge said, "No enterprise can exist for itself alone. It ministers to some great need, it performs some great service, not for itself, but for others; or failing therein, it ceases to be profitable and ceases to exist".

WTBTS is, as they say about this "system", rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, just before it sinks. The elephants in the room have not and will not be addressed by the current GB or whoever is really pulling the strings. A few elephants that I see, is the "unchristian like attitudes that exists in the organization and congregations. Further, the refusal by the organization to honestly admit, "that as much as we all wanted the end to come", as time passes, there is growing evidence that the year of 1914 had no significance.

I think that I've mentioned this before, but I asked a long time Bethelite that had worked alongside the GB for years this question: Why after the 1975 debacle, didn't the WTBTS just get rid of everything with a born on date or ending date, and just concentrate on love within families, the congregations, and the worldwide "brotherhood", and leave all that end time Mumbo-Jumbo out of the equation. The Brother told me, "Well, that's what Ray Franz said to do".

JW's have a good thing going with their "Brotherhood" and being able to travel around the world with different nationalities, races, etc. and have a trust and unity. That is what the organization should build upon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit