The lord of the rings

by BlackWolf 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I read Tolkien through each year from 1970 to 1980. Wonderful books. The movies were actually well done, so I am glad so many people have been introduced to him through film.
  • TD
    TD

I recently watched all of the lotr/hobitt movies and man were they awesome!!! Who knew spiritism could be so much fun lol.

Another benefit of shedding the JW mindset is a better appreciation for "worldly" literature.

Tolkien's books are built upon Christian motifs and metaphors. He was one of the more lucid Christian thinkers of his era and like his friend, C.S. Lewis, used his books to advance Christian thought more than he was probably willing to admit.

That JW's think it's spiritism is just plain sad.....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Heaven - "...I loved her character. She reminds me of me...."

Are you as good-looking? :smirk:

• Spectre
    Spectre

Nicolaou- I watched Dark Water last night. Thanks for the recommendation. Fun movie.

I'm looking forward to the new series Lucifer. Based on a DC Vertigo comic book. I'm hoping it's better than Constantine. That series had my hopes up when it started, (especially in the first episode when they showed my Dr. Fate's helmet, one of my favorite comic book characters) but sadly didn't seem to keep the momentum.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven - "...I loved her character. She reminds me of me...."

Are you as good-looking? :smirk:

Vidiot, she is definitely better look than me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit