Sad Reality...

by JW_Rogue 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    ...is that most JWs don't know anything about the financial news that is happening right now. Sure it has trickled down to the Elders and those who volunteer for construction but the average JW has no idea. No one in my hall has said a thing about it. I'm sure I'll hear about how the new mid-week meeting is a blessing though and how we must be close to the end because the GB are preparing us more than ever to preach. It may feel good to fantasize that the whole org will implode and everyone will be free but it's not going to happen. It is clear that this org is not going to give in ever, there is only one way out and each person will have to decide for themselves if it is worth it.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

You got that right.

If ignorance is bliss, then the average JW must be in constant ecstasy!

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea
    I agree, JW_Rogue. Even after my parents talked about Bethel layoffs tonight, they still think it's Jehovah's direction. I don't think there's any way to permeate the wall around them, no matter how much I hope for it.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    My family isn't even really very "spiritual" but they are still fully controlled and have no idea about anything happening to the org
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    JW's are all going to suffer from "perma frost", lol. Its not going to sink in to most of of em. However, remember, this is still fresh news, in fact the letter hasnt even been read to most congs. The news about SP Pioneers, and Bethel layoffs, and construction stopping, and all that, are going to trickle out to the masses. They WILL hear about it. What they DO with it, however, will be another story.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I've heard reports in Brazil the whole bethel story was read. NO HOLDS BARRED!!!!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Don't forget that because of some wonderful Posters on here we are well ahead of the game, we had the October 4th letter way before October 4th ! thanks to Ceders of JW Survey for that of course.

The JW's have a huge Gossip Mill, they will get to hear soon, the sad thing is that the person passing on the Gossip always feels obliged to put a "spiritual" Spin on it, adding something like "this must mean the End is really near !" so the JW gets the "facts" in a more palatable and less frightening form.

The JW's need to twist reality is done for them before they get to hear.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    its true they are always left in the dark, it makes me slightly angry when I chat with them and they plug jwdotorg and I tell them yes I look at it regularly, it tells absolutely nothing about your UN membership, ARC hearing on child abuse cover-ups etc, it stops them in their tracks, hopefully it makes them think outside of the box
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Well done Jookie ! I must do that whenever the opportunity arises !
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yup - and now they have the buzz about the rehashed midweek meeting to occupy them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit