WT Society SEC Records : Hedge Funds, Cayman Islands, Financial Losses - Links

by flipper 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Listener
    Listener

The 2015 yearbook states that $224 million was spent on special pioneers, missionaries and travelling overseas and that there are 24,711 working at branch offices worldwide. It was $200 million in 2013 and $184 million in 2012.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Actigall ur - "...I think I might have gotten out of this cult just in time..."

I gotta say, I'm having a hard time arguing with that one.

• cognac
    cognac

"The 2015 yearbook states that $224 million was spent on special pioneers, missionaries and travelling overseas and that there are 24,711 working at branch offices worldwide. It was $200 million in 2013 and $184 million in 2012."

I'd think getting rid of Special Pioneers and Missionaries would be an easy way to cut back without it affecting most of the r&f...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thats a huge increase in cost from 2013 to 2014 especially when they already sold of a number of branches starting in 2008.

Most of this new expense must have been related to real estate.

• cognac
    cognac

Don't they still have the missionary school? What is it, Gilead?

Which means even though they are cutting back on Special Pioneers/Missionaries, they are still continuously adding more back in...

Dumb...

• sir82
    sir82

Don't they still have the missionary school? What is it, Gilead?

Gilead was re-purposed about 5 years ago. It no longer trains missionaries. Its "graduates" are usually sent back to their country of origin to shore up "weak" congregations.

• cognac
    cognac

"Gilead was re-purposed about 5 years ago. It no longer trains missionaries. Its "graduates" are usually sent back to their country of origin to shore up "weak" congregations."

Do they still get an allowance from the society?

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    Until any of us have a clue what they are taking in (and that would have to be a global tally) for donations, all of this banter is just speculation. Even if they operated at a loss of 999 million for a single year, that would come out to about 124 bucks per publisher. From a long, experienced history of counting the contribution box money, and tallying what is paid into the Kingdom Hall fund - that's chicken feed. This is a global organization that operates in the billions. Until they are no longer allowed to operate tax free (which we may never see in our life time) - they own a toll road, just printing money.... Yes, there are economic downturns where global economies retract (so their rank and file don't donate as much) but those ebbs and flows are easily survivable with the donations that they take in. No Kingdom Hall I was ever in operated at a loss. All it takes when money gets short is a letter to be read during the service meeting, and announcement at a convention or assembly - and those who donate with their bible trained consciences willingly open up their wallets and all is good again.
  • flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up since folks commented the last couple days. Thanks for your opinions !

KEPLER- Good point you make about not " placing all your life savings into one financial plan . " So many JW's have probably done that regarding handing over their personal funds to the WT Society ( especially older long time Witnesses ) - that at this point in time they'll never be able to recover financially from the WT scamming them out of their money. Really sad.

LISTENER- Very interesting statistics you share regarding how much the WT Society pays out for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers. Thanks for sharing that info. So that further explains the reasons for these WT cutbacks. Trying to save their financial asses.

CRAZYGUY- So yes indeed- if WT Society has expenses with real estate- all the crazy building projects worldwide- then you add the cost of missionaries, traveling overseers, and special pioneers, THEN add the cost of fighting child abuse lawsuits all over the world - I would say that gets really costly over the long haul.

VIDIOT- Exactly. I think we all got out of this cult just in the nick of time. ANY time one can escape the JW cult is a good time. Better late than never.

COGNAC- The one thing that's positive about cutting back all these Bethel workers, special pioneers, missionaries, traveling overseers, etc. is this : It will get these people talking and sniping in a negative way about being demoted so that they'll express their disappointment back to their local congregations once they return to their homes and hopefully foster a distrust of the WT Society's policies among other rank & file JW's upon returning. One can only hope.

SIR 82- Thanks for that current info on missionaries, I've been out so long ( since 2003 ) I didn't know what the current status is of missionaries now.

BILLZFAN 23- Of course some of what we are discussing here is speculation- but the fact remains that the WT Society IS making drastic cutbacks for SOME reason- most probably financial. It's obvious that the last several years they are operating at a loss so they have to do something to effect keeping their " pack of lies " organization running. No matter HOW many JW's they have to throw under the bus to do so. The child abuse lawsuits are not going to stop against the WT Society. A precedent was set with Candace Conti and Gilbert Lopez in which the WT Society had to pay out 13.5 million $$$$$. That ain't chicken scratch when you multiply hundreds if not thousands more of such lawsuits across the entire globe. It should be interesting to see what develops in the next 5 years or so

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Billzfan, wow haven't seen you post in a long long time. It's good to see you again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit