WT Society SEC Records : Hedge Funds, Cayman Islands, Financial Losses - Links

by flipper 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

TPF II-A, LP

Tenaska - Independent energy, non-utility power plants, private equity investment.

TPF II is owned by TPF II, L.P., a private equity fund managed by Tenaska Capital Management (Tenaska Capital).

Moody’s B1 Rating: Judged as being speculative and a high credit risk.

September 10, 2014 — TPF II L.P., an energy assets portfolio managed by Tenaska Capital Management (TCM), has launched a $1.59 billion loan offer to repay existing debt and fund a distribution.

http://www.leveragedfinancenews.com/news/energy-assets-fund-tpf-ii-proposes-159b-loans-package-252183-1.html

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    S&P cuts TPF II LC rating to 'B-' from 'B+'
    May 3 - Overview
    -- U.S. electricity generator TPF II LC LLC's cash flow from operations
    may be insufficient to cover debt service beginning in the second half of
    2012, given current weak merchant markets and the drop in PJM capacity prices
    that begins in June.
    -- In the project management's base-case assumptions, the project will
    draw on the debt service reserve in the second half of the year.
    -- As capacity prices are fixed and will continue to be low in 2013, our
    projections suggest that the project will exhaust cash on hand and need to tap
    its debt service reserve to cover mandatory debt service.
    -- We are lowering our rating on the project to 'B-' from 'B+'.
    -- The negative outlook reflects our view that absent equity cures or
    other measures the project will likely experience a covenant default in the
    first half of 2013.

Rating Action
    On May 3, 2012, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services lowered its rating on TPF
    II LC LLC's $205 million in first-lien facilities to 'B-' from 'B+'. The
    facilities consist of a $165 million seven-year senior secured term loan
    ($74.5 million outstanding as of Dec. 31, 2011) and a $40 million revolving
    facility, both of which mature in 2014. The recovery rating on the secured
    facilities is '1', indicating our expectation of very high (90% to 100%)
    recovery of principal in the event of default. The rating outlook is negative.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    The Cushing MLP Opportunity Fund I, LP

The Cushing MLP Opportunity Fund I, L.P. is a long/short equity fund investing in public and private energy and energy infrastructure-related securities. Investments will primarily include publicly traded Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) and their affiliates, including general partner (GP) entities of MLPs. The Fund seeks to invest in midstream MLPs as well as MLPs involved in other segments of the natural resources sector such as propane, coal, and shipping.

Because MLPs operate as partnerships (as opposed to corporations), they pass tax benefits through to their investors. The majority of the distribution is treated as "return of capital", thereby providing potential tax advantages for investors.

http://www.alternative-alternatives.info/4180/Cushing-MLP-Opportunity-Fund-LP418.html
  • cognac
    cognac

I wonder if this means a big chunk of the 250 mil they are making next year for selling the NY properties is already gone???

Also, to go from a 16 mil to 56 mil loss in just one year is insane.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    So glad non of the $$$ is coming from us. Now we can invest in enjoying life!
  • betterdaze
    betterdaze

July 29, 2015
    ‘We’ve Got to Be Close to the Bottom’ on Energy: Cushing Founder

“So much has happened since the end of June and in July — it’s been one of the worst, most volatile months I’ve seen in some time,” said Jerry Swank, managing partner, founder and portfolio manager of Cushing, on its second-quarter call with investors Tuesday.

Crude oil fell 44% in the 12 months ending June 30, while natural gas prices dropped 37%.

This means that the valuations of many master limited partnerships have crashed as well, giving investors a chance to move into the sector.

“This is the most negative sentiment I’ve felt for a long time,” said Swank, who has followed the energy business for 41 years.

Gaining knowledge of the energy industry is a significant step in understanding how to invest in and profit from it.

“Everyone has thrown in the towel. Everyone is so negative, we’ve got to be close to the bottom” of the energy price decline, he added.

• cognac
    cognac

Also, please remember, this is a loss AFTER they received all that money from the properties they sold...

If they didn't sell that property, am I wrong in saying that they'd be operating at a loss of 556 mil for 2014?

Which, after they receive the 250 mil next year, if nothing else changed, they'd be at a loss of 301 mil. Or, am I doing the math wrong? Hmmmm, I think I'm doing that wrong...

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Milestone Real Estate Investors II, LP

Milestone Real Estate Investors II, LP owns and manages multi-family real estate properties.
  • hoser
    hoser
    John Aquilaan hour ago
    Ha Ha, thanks, I heard they lost millions Aug 24 2015 but I have no confirmation. Who was managing their money, some pioneer with a high school diploma?

I heard that reading the awake magazine was the equivalent of a college degree so whoever is running the finances must have never missed an issue.
  • Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    Investing is largely a matter of timing. The WTS timing could not have been worse. 2007 was the tail end of the real estate bubble. Money invested in real estate and stocks from 2007 would likely still be under water - perhaps wiped out completely depending on the investment vehicle and degree of leverage. Simply incredible their advisers were that foolish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit