Medical conditions that will prevent you from getting baptized.

by Bugs Bunny 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Bugs Bunny
    Bugs Bunny

Have you ever noticed that moderate to severe cases of mental conditions will keep you from getting baptized? Mental retardation, learning disabled or with disabilities, multiple personalities, old timers disease, these will keep you from being baptized and will get you disfellowshipped. Anyone know of any more?

I told some people to look around at conventions and if any of these sick people were found, they were to go up and ask if they were publishers. There were none that were publishers and the people with these sick ones would appologize and explain they were family members they could not leave at home. How sad! If this was really God's organization and people are to be baptized, where are they suppose to go? What about the early days when congregations were being started? People didn't have to learn the books to be baptized, their weren't requirements to be made.....etc.

• Bugs Bunny
    Bugs Bunny

oh, there is another but I can't spell it....agoraphobic-the fear of people

• Scully
    Scully

Remember the story from the Awake! of a never-baptized "sister" who was confined to an iron lung?

Love, Scully

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I helped out in the First Aid department at a convention once (which is a joke in itself), and we had to help a man with a broken leg get baptized. The guy coordinating this had us put his leg in some very big leaf bags then duct tape the whole mess down real good so it wouldn't get in his cast. I can't remember him being immersed very well except to say that his head did go all the way under.

I had a friend that was being baptized but his toes kept coming up. They had to baptise him three times to get him totally underwater.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit