Drop-out Stat cover-up on the internet?!

by Bugs Bunny 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bugs Bunny
    Bugs Bunny

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

scroll down to #3 that says "Where are Jehovah's Witnesses growing and shrinking in the world?" Now, on this board alone we see new members everyday that claim to be from the US and have claimed to be inactive, or are thinking about being inactive. Where are the stats of drop-outs in the US? We have the most converts in the US, duh, more people here, so there should be the highest rating of decreased publishers also, right? What's up with that?

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's a revolving door. New recruits replace those leaving.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi Bugs....Welcome!!

<------------------------------

• Bugs Bunny
    Bugs Bunny

Hi Teenyuck! Great pic! I tried to get one on my profile but it says it can't update it or something like that. Oh well. Nice to meet ya!

SaintSatan, That is a likely story, isn't it? I am very curious to see the actual numbers. I meet more xjws, hiding jws, unsure/inactive jws, than any active jws. I'm not a jw, but I keep tabs on what is going on in the local KH. They have lost half their sheep in the last 5 years, nobody new has been baptized, some jws moved, some moved in, and nobody sees them around town anymore unless the CO is coming to visit. Then, they visit other inactive jws, not new people. Small towns! God love em!

My husband is a jw and so I'm the first to hear all the gossip and rumors they spread. Lately I'm the cause of him not going to meetings anymore and apparently he's been attending my church under my command. LOL I wanted so badly to ask him where the ball and chains were. LOL I did tell him of the rumors and he laughed. He hasn't been attending my church, and I never MADE him do anything in his life!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Now, on this board alone we see new members everyday that claim to be from the US and have claimed to be inactive, or are thinking about being inactive. Where are the stats of drop-outs in the US? We have the most converts in the US, duh, more people here, so there should be the highest rating of decreased publishers also, right?

No, the reason most people here appear to be from the US is because JWs represent a higher percentage of the population in the US than they do elsewhere, and also because more people in the US have Internet access (and the access they have is faster and cheaper).

• Matty
    Matty

That's true FD, the people of Ireland for instance never really fell for the dubs that much, the ratio has always been poor, and so the ex-dubs would subsequently be small in number too. I've often wondered though why you seem to be the only regular poster from the Republic, and we have absolutely none from the North, you must have a few Apostate buddies over there surely?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Hi and welcome bugs. Where's the rest of the cast?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit