Hidden From Jehovah's Witness videos

by Vortex 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JeffT
    JeffT

3rdgen, I think it depends on what the trust document says. But one of the purposes of setting up a trust is to place the funds outside the beneficiaries' control. Among other things, assets held in a trust can't be attached to pay for a lawsuit if the beneficiary has no control over the assets. For example, if your parents leave you their house in an irrevocable trust beyond your control, and you run over somebody with your car, that person can't take your house in a lawsuit.

I'm sure the Watchtower's legal loves to help people set up trusts with the Watchtower as beneficiary, it would shelter those funds from lawsuits and let the WTBS collect the income. But it has to be done with somebody else's money, and the WTBS can't control what's done with it.

• sammy
    sammy

the document below is a synthesis of investments in the fund H.Riley for Watch Tower bible

https://www.watchtowerlies.com/linked/watchtower_investments_in_armament_companies.pdf

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JeffT: So what we have here is some rich lady who set up a trust fund, which is directed to make money for the WTBS, an operation over which the WTBS has no control.

Jeff, great clarifications, but I disagree on one important point: although the WTBTS cannot control the particular investments, the could choose not at accept money from sources that clearly conflict with their oft publicly stated moral imperatives.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Very interesting, thanks for all the work...
  • Listener
    Listener

They cannot control where the money is invested but they accept themselves as a beneficiary of the trust. In other words, they directly benefit from the investments of the trust.

They could choose to remove themselves from the trust and have nothing to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit